• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United or American?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Whether or not a college degree matters... Who cares?
I'd look at the numbers of who's getting hired with what. If the majority of guys getting hired in my field had a gym membership... I'd get a gym membership.

Last edited:
I have never seen anyone who has a need to post their work history / resume as much as pilotyip does. Why is that?

Well when someone puts up bum gouge, someone has to correct it.

"So in the end, if you are ever looking for career advice, please...for the love of God...do not under any circumstances, take his career advice"

I have seen too many pilots succeed following my advice. How many here have helped a 1000 hr no college degree C-206 pilot get his ATP and a DC-9 type rating with no cost to the pilot. He will have his college degree which will basically cost him nothing in a coupe years along with 1000 hours 121 time. He will very competitive for any job out there. This about is pilots helping pilots.

Small penis but hey, that's not my problem.
It is if you are thinking about those things and you are not a girl :confused: But since you hide behind a screen name you could well be a girl:laugh:

BTW: As stated before I think hiding behind a screen name, well it is not how I operate. I see a certain elitism here that posters go "If you are not like me, you cannot be very good"

Last edited:
I have seen too many pilots succeed following my advice. How many here have helped a 1000 hr no college degree C-206 pilot get his ATP and a DC-9 type rating with no cost to the pilot. He will have his college degree which will basically cost him nothing in a coupe years along with 1000 hours 121 time. He will very competitive for any job out there. This about is pilots helping pilots.

I've got no problem with your advice, as long as you clearly state that a pilot needs a 4 year degree to be competitive at the majors. It doesn't matter if one thinks a degree is unimportant ... the ones doing the hiring think a 4 year degree is extremely important.

I've got no problem with your advice, as long as you clearly state that a pilot needs a 4 year degree to be competitive at the majors. It doesn't matter if one thinks a degree is unimportant ... the ones doing the hiring think a 4 year degree is extremely important.
Couldn't agree more, if want to fly at the very top you need a degree, but it is not needed until the final step. There are many ways to get a degree besides racking up $100K+ in debt before you get your first hour of TJ time. It also has nothing to do with flying an airplane

I say try Delta

Why? If he lives in Chicago lets just say? Delta is on top today. All it takes is one supposedly employee friendly CEO to leave and a not so friendly CEO to come in and boom they are fighting just like UAL and AA with management. If Delta ever hits a tough road, you'll see how "nice" RA really is. For now, yes it's a good place, but that's like saying go to Pan Am in the 1960-1970's. No telling how it will go. I like US/AA for me, not because they are the "best". 5 years ago it was SWA and no one else. Today the world of aviation is different, as tomorrow will be different too. Pick what works best.....which is the first that calls you for a class. Having both call is a good problem. Know a few FO's that have left AA/US, and a few that have left UAL for other places. Feel blessed if you have this problem.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back