• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United new pay tables?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How do you work with a side that lies, cheats, steals, obfuscates, and fabricates the truth to suit their needs to get exactly what they want solely at the expense of the other side? All you need do is look at the SLI. Or possibly the grievance currently being heard of past bids. Or the grievance being heard over profit sharing that had the proposal entertained to take money from LCAL pilots and give it to LUAL pilots. Again, GMAFB and SIUYA!

Re read the previous post.

[FONT=Calibri,Bold]
Captain Pay Rates on January 1, 2014​
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]
Longevity​
Aircraft 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12​
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Calibri,Bold][FONT=Calibri,Bold]
A380​
[/FONT]​
[/FONT]328.73 331.39 334.11 336.79 339.50 342.17 344.86 347.53 350.23 352.87 355.57 358.27

When you look at those pay rates, one jumps out at you. It's the highest one, and the one that management knew they were never going to order.

Somebody should have asked Fedex ALPA about the A380 rates, and getting played. Sad and funny. Just not in a good way.

How do you work with a side that lies, cheats, steals, obfuscates, and fabricates the truth to suit their needs to get exactly what they want solely at the expense of the other side? All you need do is look at the SLI. Or possibly the grievance currently being heard of past bids. Or the grievance being heard over profit sharing that had the proposal entertained to take money from LCAL pilots and give it to LUAL pilots. Again, GMAFB and SIUYA!

Now that's comical. Take money from CAL???? You are delusional. Read what the MEC did when the company wanted to claw back the PS you guys got outside of sec 6 (and it wasn't a grievance settlement as some of you believe, a $32M grievance settlement would have been a record X 100. Arb settled that one) Lies cheats and steals is the credo of the LCAL group. - Expanded flying in LUAL bases - Not signing the protocol agreement the DAL/NWA MEC's agreed to in reference to using the JCBA to influence the SLI argument. - Being held hostage unti LUAL agreed to pay banding. - Negotiating PS behind the back of LUAL. - Changing the agreed to wording of Retro to Lump Sum in the JCBA because it woud benefit the LCAL group. - Stapling 3000+ LUAL pilots to the bottom of the LCAL sen list in their SLI proposal. - Not backing LUAL with the training white paper because "training by bulletin is normal ops at LCAL I'm sure there is more but that is off the top of my head. WE agreed to binding arbitration, WE agreed with ALPA merger policy (that was rewritten by a LCAL pilot), WE didn't have any say in this merger. Get over it! I lost just shy of 8 years of longevity, it is what it is! And before you come back with your loss of seniority as of AUG 2013, the snapshot date was OCT 2010, the date the company started to operate as one. You guys got reletive seniority with an airline with 3X as many wide bodies and 2X as many retirements over the next 20 years. UAL was going to be the surviving entity in the consolidation game, just as DAL and AMR were. We had 2 ligtimate partners, LCC and CAL, both of which had a ton of narrow body orders. UAL ordered wide bodies at the beginning ot 2010 knowing that either merger partner had narrow body A/C on order. CAL would never have gotten an industry leading contract as a stand alone let alone grow, as you all seem to believe, after consolidation. You came running back to us when we were on the verge of merging with LCC. Again, out of our hands. You would think CAL was the end all be all of airlines after reading some of these posts. Get over it! Stop the bitching, wear your pin and recognize the real enemy!!! WTF!!!

Now that's comical. Take money from CAL???? You are delusional. Read what the MEC did when the company wanted to claw back the PS you guys got outside of sec 6 (and it wasn't a grievance settlement as some of you believe, a $32M grievance settlement would have been a record X 100. Arb settled that one) Lies cheats and steals is the credo of the LCAL group. - Expanded flying in LUAL bases - Not signing the protocol agreement the DAL/NWA MEC's agreed to in reference to using the JCBA to influence the SLI argument. - Being held hostage unti LUAL agreed to pay banding. - Negotiating PS behind the back of LUAL. - Changing the agreed to wording of Retro to Lump Sum in the JCBA because it woud benefit the LCAL group. - Stapling 3000+ LUAL pilots to the bottom of the LCAL sen list in their SLI proposal. - Not backing LUAL with the training white paper because "training by bulletin is normal ops at LCAL I'm sure there is more but that is off the top of my head. WE agreed to binding arbitration, WE agreed with ALPA merger policy (that was rewritten by a LCAL pilot), WE didn't have any say in this merger. Get over it! I lost just shy of 8 years of longevity, it is what it is! And before you come back with your loss of seniority as of AUG 2013, the snapshot date was OCT 2010, the date the company started to operate as one. You guys got reletive seniority with an airline with 3X as many wide bodies and 2X as many retirements over the next 20 years. UAL was going to be the surviving entity in the consolidation game, just as DAL and AMR were. We had 2 ligtimate partners, LCC and CAL, both of which had a ton of narrow body orders. UAL ordered wide bodies at the beginning ot 2010 knowing that either merger partner had narrow body A/C on order. CAL would never have gotten an industry leading contract as a stand alone let alone grow, as you all seem to believe, after consolidation. You came running back to us when we were on the verge of merging with LCC. Again, out of our hands. You would think CAL was the end all be all of airlines after reading some of these posts. Get over it! Stop the bitching, wear your pin and recognize the real enemy!!! WTF!!!

What, you think the MEC was being magnanimous by saying we are going to do what the company suggested? BS. More bravado and pomp from a dysfunctional leadership. There has been no inkling of support for LCAL pilots since the MEC's merged and that's a fact. We got PS outside of section 6 since we had a section 6 4 years past the amendable date. The LUAL MEC was not going to lift a effin finger to help the LCAL pilots get it. Just sit merrily back and watch the LCAL pilots PS get redistributed to the LUAL pilots. Yeah, that's theft. Ask the EWR 756 pilots how much 767 flying they lost as well as the 756 base in IAH. We got relative -3 years. We were buying aircraft, upgrading pilots, and expanding, all well before the merger. You had orders for aircraft 10 years down the road, no upgrades, and a massively bloated pilot group that still think real-time means a letter delivered by the USPS. Oh, and training by bulletin. Horrible. How pathetic you can't find the info you need or get the basic training required from a CBT. Gotta be led by the nose and spoon fed like a breast-feeding mommas-boy. LCAL was never the end-all to any airline or pilot group but we saw the writing on the wall and that was LUAL was a total ******************** up. Always has been and always will be and now because of that we get to suffer and join you in the media/computer stone-age. Funny thing is we never had these IT problems till ya'll showed up. Funny how those coincide. Who the hell names their computer system after the ********************ed-up machines that destroyed the world in Terminator?

What, you think the MEC was being magnanimous by saying we are going to do what the company suggested? BS. More bravado and pomp from a dysfunctional leadership. There has been no inkling of support for LCAL pilots since the MEC's merged and that's a fact. We got PS outside of section 6 since we had a section 6 4 years past the amendable date. The LUAL MEC was not going to lift a effin finger to help the LCAL pilots get it. Just sit merrily back and watch the LCAL pilots PS get redistributed to the LUAL pilots. Yeah, that's theft. Ask the EWR 756 pilots how much 767 flying they lost as well as the 756 base in IAH. We got relative -3 years. We were buying aircraft, upgrading pilots, and expanding, all well before the merger. You had orders for aircraft 10 years down the road, no upgrades, and a massively bloated pilot group that still think real-time means a letter delivered by the USPS. Oh, and training by bulletin. Horrible. How pathetic you can't find the info you need or get the basic training required from a CBT. Gotta be led by the nose and spoon fed like a breast-feeding mommas-boy. LCAL was never the end-all to any airline or pilot group but we saw the writing on the wall and that was LUAL was a total ******************** up. Always has been and always will be and now because of that we get to suffer and join you in the media/computer stone-age. Funny thing is we never had these IT problems till ya'll showed up. Funny how those coincide. Who the hell names their computer system after the ********************ed-up machines that destroyed the world in Terminator?

When was the last time you got drug tested??? Shares....LCAL, CCS......LCAL, PBS.......LCAL, out of 59 SVP's and above 43 LCAL, 16 LUAL. Smallsak......LCAL. Facts are a terrible thing....Out of my 26 years of flying I never heard anyone say "My career ambition is to fly for Continental".......DAL,AMR,UAL,NWA,SWA,AAA,PAA,TWA but never CAL.......Sorry, I just stooped to your level....Hard to see anything down here...

When was the last time you got drug tested??? Shares....LCAL, CCS......LCAL, PBS.......LCAL, out of 59 SVP's and above 43 LCAL, 16 LUAL. Smallsak......LCAL. Facts are a terrible thing....Out of my 26 years of flying I never heard anyone say "My career ambition is to fly for Continental".......DAL,AMR,UAL,NWA,SWA,AAA,PAA,TWA but never CAL.......Sorry, I just stooped to your level....Hard to see anything down here...

All those wasted key strokes....I think you had it right in the first sentence.

I'm actually on your side when it comes to the cry baby routine from the CAL guys. They sound pathetic. That said, trying to make claims about the superiority of being hired by UAL is tiresome. When UAL was hiring in '07, I didn't even apply. Buddy of mine at UAL told me that I would only be setting myself up for a furlough.

Smart guy and I'm glad the SLI put him senior to me. I'm also quite content to say absent this merger my career ambition included CAL. Sorry it's not April 1997 anymore and I never felt compelled to fill out the scantron.

Last edited:
Kinda funny that you ended up at United anyways Nimtz :)

There is NO crystal ball in this industry that's for sure.

wow, cool.

Not that cool......notice a 767 pays the same as a 747 due to CAL paranoia.

Not cool at all. We are still way underpaid.

Pretty much, not cool. Take a look at contract 2000's rates, that was almost 14 years ago.

I noticed that they had CRJ 900 rates on there.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.

Getting that gage equipment and pay scale on the mainline CBA=good
The pay relative to JB's rate, even they're PREVIOUS rate=NOT GOOD.

I wonder if engineers at two large engineering firms would act like the children we do over a merger like this? Seriously. We have not a single captain making less than 200k at this place and we drag ex-con bag tags and old UA wings still being worn etc... Don't get me started on the forum arguments. It's amazing how much we each trashed our own airline operations on our individual forums until the merger. All of a sudden we individually had the better management/fleet/career progression and the other side sucked and would not have survived without "us". We are all a joke and should laugh at ourselves more often.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back