• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

United new pay tables?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Doesn't change the facts he wasn't going to merge and we didn't cancel the orders. You got what you voted for the reasons are the same ones 83 hires give.

I wasn't going to bite on this statement but now that you brought it up twice I will. Comparing a SCAB to someone that voted yes on a contract is one of the most ignorant statements I have ever heard. Maybe you should read Flying The Line I and II. I guess having SCABS as mentors over there all these years has really warped your sence of reality. As for LK not wanting to merge in '08, doesn't change the fact CAL came running back in '10 when they realized they were going to be left out of the dance.

LAX was open before the merger. DEN used to be a base before TORQUE. I'll give you ORD and SFO but the flying being done there is basically the same as CLE in each base.

If we compare apples to apples, why are the last two EWR 737 CA bids being filled with DCA 777 and 767 FO's? Wasn't the crux of your proposal to the 3 arbitrators that LUAL was a WB airline and wanted nothing to do with small airplanes? Funny how you got the list you proposed that heavily favored LUAL but as soon as narrowbody CA seats come available you jump on them like Rodney King on crack.

It is what it is.The only good thing to come from this will be seeing the faces of the "opportunists" that bid those positions after two summers in EWR.
Mostly wide body F/o's going to the left seat, a pretty normal airline progression, plus 767 Capt. Again that is a result of CAL insistence in pay banding. The Guppy pays the same as 757 2oo and just a little less than 767. Watch what you ask for...you might just get it!
As for those summers in Newark....oh dear how awful....like summers in Chicago are any different. Give me a break

Last edited:
Chopper I never compared you to a scab that term is reserved for the people who did it and are most definitely not my mentors. Simply saying the excuse is the same old thing the fact is you got the contract you voted for no matter what the reason/excuse. You guys aren't scabs and I never said any thing close to that. Just dont bitch about a contract you voted for and make excuses because you choked when we had leverage.

Larry never came back to UAL Jeff did and we all know how good his judgement has been.

Last edited:
I have read the books I have been an ALPA member for nearly 20 years and have the pin sitting on the shelf so you need not preach to me about SCABS.

So you could fly planes ordered by Larry Kellner I know exactly why it passed. So you could have some thing that was never yours.

And financed by L-UAL cash on hand. Bullet is out if the chamber and since both sides were not working together what did you expect.

I have read the books I have been an ALPA member for nearly 20 years and have the pin sitting on the shelf so you need not preach to me about SCABS.

That's exactly where Jeff wants it!!! BTW I voted no but looking at what's happening with the LUAL f/a's I totally understand why folks voted yes.

No one I know on the CAL side based their vote on SLI expectations or flying allotment and every one that I know believed myself included that their would be a refined TA in about a month. Seeing as a month would make no difference any way it really wasn't the point. We will never in our careers have the kind of leverage we did when this thing passed, the company reached the point in the time line they finally needed to get it done which is the only reason we had a TA in the first place on 67% jumped on it with all the fear and I have to get mine before some one else moves one spot frenzy it is sickening. We can sing kumbya till the cows come home the next contract will be without leverage, in fact after seeing how lopsided the vote was I am sure they are convinced they gave us too much.

Glad you voted no but for any one saying I had to vote yes it was Jay Pierce's fault it was the LCAL pilots fault it was whoever they want to blames fault caries no weight. We all had our vote, if you liked the contract vote yes, if you didn't but voted yes you cant bitch because I don't want to hear it.

Mostly wide body F/o's going to the left seat, a pretty normal airline progression, plus 767 Capt. Again that is a result of CAL insistence in pay banding. The Guppy pays the same as 757 2oo and just a little less than 767. Watch what you ask for...you might just get it!
As for those summers in Newark....oh dear how awful....like summers in Chicago are any different. Give me a break

It wasn't a normal progression at LUAL. You obviously didn't read your sides entire proposal that blatantly put down 737 flying as trivial and not worth LUAL's time. This was proven by the total amount of RJ flying vs WB flying that was presented at the hearing. Point is without LCAL 737's, your precious WB FO's would not have a pot to piss in for upgrade. Ergo, again, taking what is and what was not yours. Your pilot group was stagnant. No movement, No upgrades. No new airframes. And yet here you are salivating
at the prospect for more upgrades. If they were YOUR upgrades, they would be in YOUR aircraft.

The farce grievance over the past bids is evident by that and an attempt to, for the third time, take what is not yours. You call our culture a scab culture but all the while your group is taking the seats that your side simply said weren't worthy to take. It s pathetic you watch you talk out of both sides of your mouth. I'd call you two-faced and a hypocrite but that insults those two particular subsets of the human population.

I don't recall anyone at LCAL asking for this POS merger. Ask a LUAL 737 CA in October what the thought of his first summer in EWR and I guarantee he is wishing he wasn't stuck in the same seat for another year. GMAFB and SIUYA.

And financed by L-UAL cash on hand. Bullet is out if the chamber and since both sides were not working together what did you expect.

How do you work with a side that lies, cheats, steals, obfuscates, and fabricates the truth to suit their needs to get exactly what they want solely at the expense of the other side? All you need do is look at the SLI. Or possibly the grievance currently being heard of past bids. Or the grievance being heard over profit sharing that had the proposal entertained to take money from LCAL pilots and give it to LUAL pilots. Again, GMAFB and SIUYA!

It wasn't a normal progression at LUAL. You obviously didn't read your sides entire proposal that blatantly put down 737 flying as trivial and not worth LUAL's time. This was proven by the total amount of RJ flying vs WB flying that was presented at the hearing. Point is without LCAL 737's, your precious WB FO's would not have a pot to piss in for upgrade. Ergo, again, taking what is and what was not yours. Your pilot group was stagnant. No movement, No upgrades. No new airframes. And yet here you are salivating
at the prospect for more upgrades. If they were YOUR upgrades, they would be in YOUR aircraft.

The farce grievance over the past bids is evident by that and an attempt to, for the third time, take what is not yours. You call our culture a scab culture but all the while your group is taking the seats that your side simply said weren't worthy to take. It s pathetic you watch you talk out of both sides of your mouth. I'd call you two-faced and a hypocrite but that insults those two particular subsets of the human population.

I don't recall anyone at LCAL asking for this POS merger. Ask a LUAL 737 CA in October what the thought of his first summer in EWR and I guarantee he is wishing he wasn't stuck in the same seat for another year. GMAFB and SIUYA.

Re paragraph 1. It is comical to listen to a CAL guy refer to our ISL inappropriate in any way.. Did you read the joke your side put up?? All I can say is the arbitrators saw thru that piece of crap and agreed with us that the CAL proposal was out of line. Anyone else's opinion doesn't really matter now does it?

Re paragraph 2.UAL pilots always grieve things that are against the contract or any facet of business that is out of line. Again the Arbitrators, regarding profit sharing, agreed with us. WE the UAL MEC decided NOT to go after CAL pilots wallets so you can stick that argument you know where.

Re paragraph 3.You think L UAL pilots wanted a merger any more or less than CAL pilots did. The reality is people far above our pay grade decided to do it..We are just here for the ride. I personally never even applied to CAL... I got hired at the "U".. Never had to be a CON.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back