• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think it shows that you are willing to go through with something that is not necessarily easy.

back to this argument again, sorry guys, didn't mean for it to go this direction again. I was just curious what was happening at UAL regarding hiring.

As for blzr, I guess 7 years as a Navy Diver repairing Submarines and recovering weapons from WW2 were a walk in the park, as we said in the Navy diving world, "The only easy day was yesterday"

Thanks for the support again from all the positive posters, back to the beach for a surf, I am not smart enough for much more.

Last edited:
Guam, based on the inputs of others and your history, I wouldn't let the current lack of a degree stop me from applying. I would, however, be prepared to explain why I don't have a degree yet.
I would anticipate them to ask several questions about that. As long as you can answer them without being defensive, no sweat. Besides, you've already stated that you're working on it so I don't see it as a problem spot in an interview.

Good luck to ya.

back to this argument again, sorry guys, didn't mean for it to go this direction again. I was just curious what was happening at UAL regarding hiring.

As for blzr, I guess 7 years as a Navy Diver repairing Submarines and recovering weapons from WW2 were a walk in the park, as we said in the Navy diving world, "The only easy day was yesterday"

Thanks for the support again from all the positive posters, back to the beach for a surf, I am not smart enough for much more.

For us non-mil guys, yes, college is used as a descriminator, those that have, and those that don't. In your case, why the defensiveness? You obvously weren't out d1cking off instead of college, why should the college thing even be a problem for guys/gals like you. You put in 4 years, or more, doing a service.

If you think my previous post was a slam at you, maybe you shouldn't put in for an airline gig, they test for logical thinking/reasoning skills.

thanks for the advice. I will let the testing determine if i am crazy or unfit. I am not so defensive over all, my example is expressing that I have committed to something and have completed an assignment like the service. As some point out that the degree is for this reason, to show that someone can be responsible , etc.

that's all, thanks though, good advice, good luck

Does anyone know if the mins are going to change? I keep hearing rumors when I fly the jumpseat that the m.e. pic mins are supposed to go down soon. They "say" they are not getting enough applicants. ??

so who do you like to have as pilot,someone with a 4 year college in art and ceramics or a pilot with Airbus and 747 time??Let's see........
Ps. UAL doesn't require 4 year college. They hired peoples who had 709 ride for God sake.

Shindler..I know people who have had accidents in Alaska for reason's totally beyond there control and the FAA knew it and made them take a 709 ride just to cover there a$$, so just because they have done a 709 ride doesn't mean they are a bad pilot, it could just mean they were a good pilot caught in a bad situation. Also I know a particular POI that if you have any problems with a checkride, he gives you a 709 ride. When the flight goes to hell, I would rather be flying with someone with thousands of hours of experience rather than a college grad with little experience...Just my 2 cents

Latest resources

Back