UAL Mins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Andy,

Nice to hear you chime in, haven't heard from you in awhile. Do you have any good scoop on what is going on at UAL? You seem to follow stuff pretty closely.

No, I haven't followed United too closely for a while. I've been wrapped up in other projects outside of commercial aviation.
I'll likely return to United this spring, so I'll have better information then.

There were a couple guys in my UAL class that didn't have a four year degree, however they did have a lot of experience. Over 5000 hours turbine PIC and over 9000 hours total time. Good luck.

Last edited:
The 4 year degree is a weeding out tool. The more time you have, the better the chance of getting hired without one...only folks I know that have been hired without, had 9-10K total time and at least 5K pic turbine or jet pic.

There were a couple guys in my UAL class that didn't have a four year degree, however they did have a lot of experience. Over 5000 hours turbine PIC and over 9000 hours total time. Good luck.

Well, at least I have Bus time and 747 time, that might be noticeable.

G

so who do you like to have as pilot,someone with a 4 year college in art and ceramics or a pilot with Airbus and 747 time??Let's see........
Ps. UAL doesn't require 4 year college. They hired peoples who had 709 ride for God sake.

so who do you like to have as pilot,someone with a 4 year college in art and ceramics or a pilot with Airbus and 747 time??Let's see........
Ps. UAL doesn't require 4 year college. They hired peoples who had 709 ride for God sake.

It is just the hoops that we have to jump through. I know lawyers that majored in phys-ed. I think it shows that you are willing to go through with something that is not necessarily easy.

I know a guy from my highschool that went to college, 4.0, masters degree, and is waiting tables right now. Also someone that took6 yeard to graduate with a 2.3 and is doing quite well.

Going to college doesn't make you any smarter than anyone else, it is just a way to weed people out, I guess.

Latest resources

Back