• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Twenty-year-old FO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There are plenty of 23 24 25 year olds out there who went to college first and then got airline jobs instead of doing the online thing... woopdie doo who cares how old you are

good for him but I don't see the "big deal factor"

the airplane don't know how old you are. 20 year old flying a turboprop (as copilot)?

that "wow" factor should be tempered with 25 year olds flying Mach 2 with lethal weapons strapped to the wings, single pilot in fighters.

put the two together and its no big deal

As the youngest member of ALPA he will be honored in DC and told to get ready for 40 years of pure hell brought to him by ALPA.

Pinnacle has had FO's who were 19. This guy will only be the youngest ALPA member till someone gets hired who is younger than he is. Maybe a younger FO will be hired between now and the DC event, and while he is being "honored" there will be the real youngest ALPA member sitting on reserve somewhere.

Usual deal, an unnewsworthy item getting play because some editor has space to fill. If I had a nickel for every "acomplishment" that made the newspapers - when I've done the same thing on the same time table - well, I wouldn't have to fly much.

My greater concern is that ALPA has no retired members older than 78...This job does kill you early.

WorldOnTime said:
The way he is going, I am sure he will retire #1 somewhere...if the bastards don't eat his soul and kill his spirit before that.

Well, when that happens, he can always become an assistant chief pilot/flight ops manager. ;)

Thanks to Chautauqua & COEX's lack of scope he will probably also be ALPA's youngest furloughed member.

Prop2Jet said:
"I've been working really hard. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be a pilot," Szanto said"

If he worked really hard then he deserves his place in the industry, unlike some of these 400hr ATP wonerder grads. My hat is off for him.

Brian Szanto is an ATP Grad. I worked with him myself, and in fact, he instructed for ATP in Houston.

who cares, there are some wonder children at the majors right now also. There are people who have been hired at CAL and United, etc around this age

Latest resources

Back