• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Twenty-year-old FO!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Love of flying is what ruined this industry in the first place.

RJP said:
Love of flying is what ruined this industry in the first place.

Yaaa, umm I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Greedy business people ruined this industy. The love of flight is what keeps this biz going.

Way2Broke said:
Yaaa, umm I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. Greedy business people ruined this industy. The love of flight is what keeps this biz going.

second that...

AGuyThatFlys said:
http://www.coloradoan.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060719/BUSINESS/607190328/1046

I hope the industry doesn't kill the love of flying this kid evidently has.

This kid is all over it. Sounds like he came up the right way too, didn't buy his way through anywhere. I was glad to see that he is still on track to finish his degree. 40 years at Coex might be kinda tough! :)

The way he is going, I am sure he will retire #1 somewhere...if the bastards don't eat his soul and kill his spirit before that.

"I've been working really hard. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be a pilot," Szanto said"

If he worked really hard then he deserves his place in the industry, unlike some of these 400hr ATP wonerder grads. My hat is off for him.

I agree with all....good for him.

There have been 19 year old regional FOs. I don't understand what the big deal is here. There's been plenty of 20 year old FOs.

Best I've seen is years ago there was a 19 year old flying for a race car team making more than $100,000. That was in the 90's though when this thing was a completely different beast.

Prop2Jet said:
"I've been working really hard. Ever since I can remember, I've wanted to be a pilot," Szanto said"

If he worked really hard then he deserves his place in the industry, unlike some of these 400hr ATP wonder grads. My hat is off for him.
"...It's a long process, but stick with it and do your best. Everyone has to pay their dues," Szanto said.

Good for him, seriously, and I don't mean to rain on his parade... but he hasn't been at it long enough to work really hard. High school, flight school, instruct for a few months, then straight to ERJ FO. What's so hard about that? Everyone is doing that these days with very low time, big deal. No college, no freight, no long days in a ragged out BE-1900 or Metroliner... he hasn't even started to pay his dues yet.

Sorry for the rant, but it's just too cuddly and sweet...

Latest resources

Back