To My Friend G4Dude

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Harsh....but funny! lol
Yea its harsh, but you have to consider the source, which makes it much less meaningful. It is amazing how a kid at 23 years old gets hired at NJ 15 years ago through the elements of luck and timing is so quick to pass judgments on someone else's career. Taking a job that I turned down because I could not take the pay cut to go to work for NJ in the 90's. A time when at the Job Fairs the lines at the NJ table were about as long as the line at USA Jet. A time when NJ heard we were furloughing and sent a team up to Willow Run to hire of a dozen of our pilots. It was a time if you meet the minimums and applied you most likely got hired. I don't need him or anyone else to judge my career, it is bad manners, and I will let my wife, kids, friends and shipmates judge my career thank you.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yea its harsh, but you have to consider the source, which makes it much less meaningful. It is amazing how a kid at 23 years old gets hired at NJ 15 years ago through the elements of luck and timing is so quick to pass judgments on someone else's career. Taking a job that I turned down because I could not take the pay cut to go to work for NJ in the 90's. A time when at the Job Fairs the lines at the NJ table were about as long as the line at USA Jet. A time when NJ heard we were furloughing and sent a team up to Willow Run to hire of a dozen of our pilots. It was a time if you meet the minimums and applied you most likely got hired. I don't need him or anyone else to judge my career, it is bad manners, and I will let my wife, kids, friends and shipmates judge my career thank you.:rolleyes:

Sorry it wasn't luck and timing. It was dedication and focus. I knew what I wanted and went for it. Even to the point my own father threatened to disown me for walking into the interview. That was a very long phone conversation sitting in the parking lot of fsi long beach. In the end I did what I had to do.

Still not sure why your posting in a forum that has nothing to do with you. Yet you stay out of the forums that do and have no interest in your anti union rants.

Hmmmm interesting isn't it.

If we need a question about dead end careers you'll be the first we ask.

Sorry it wasn't luck and timing. It was dedication and focus. I knew what I wanted and went for it. Even to the point my own father threatened to disown me for walking into the interview. That was a very long phone conversation sitting in the parking lot of fsi long beach. In the end I did what I had to do.

You started at NetJets 15 years ago when the pay was nothing short of abysmal! Then you elected to fly a 20+ year old G-POS instead of upgrading thereby continuing the self imposed low pay. You probably had your own reasons for making the choices you did, and no one is busting your jewels for doing it. However, the choices you've made give you NO CREDIBILITY when commenting on anyone else's career choice. Yip makes more money than you! You've been where you are for 15 years! Are you really throwing stones?

I guess having a father who would threaten to "disown" a son for such a trivial thing would screw a kid up pretty good. Your tone, demeanor and attitude make much more sense now.

You started at NetJets 15 years ago when the pay was nothing short of abysmal! Then you elected to fly a 20+ year old G-POS instead of upgrading thereby continuing the self imposed low pay. You probably had your own reasons for making the choices you did, and no one is busting your jewels for doing it. However, the choices you've made give you NO CREDIBILITY when commenting on anyone else's career choice. Yip makes more money than you! You've been where you are for 15 years! Are you really throwing stones?

I guess having a father who would threaten to "disown" a son for such a trivial thing would screw a kid up pretty good. Your tone, demeanor and attitude make much more sense now.

Whatever floats your boat.

20 year pos? Hmmm I'll have to look at they 50 series cockpit and think about that 20 year pos.

It's simple pilotyip explains from on high about nothing he knows about and shows his severe distaste for unions but he would never post in the majors section. He could never take the heat.

As for my career I'd say it's pretty damn awesome I'm on the beach right now in rio top 1/3 of my company and still have another 25 years if I want and I'm fighting like I'm the last guy on the rung.

Whatever floats your boat.

20 year pos? Hmmm I'll have to look at they 50 series cockpit and think about that 20 year pos.

It's simple pilotyip explains from on high about nothing he knows about and shows his severe distaste for unions but he would never post in the majors section. He could never take the heat.

As for my career I'd say it's pretty damn awesome I'm on the beach right now in rio top 1/3 of my company and still have another 25 years if I want and I'm fighting like I'm the last guy on the rung.

Sorry, Upgraded 20 Year old POS.

Like I said, I'm not busting your jewels for the choices you've made. They are yours to make, and you need to do what makes sense for you. I get that you don't agree with Yip on many things. That doesn't give you the right to judge his career especially since to date his career has been higher paying than yours. NJ obviously has more potential going forward, but he's getting ready to retire.

I know all about fabulous beach resorts. Though when I check in to the hotel, I unpack my cloths and hang them in the closet before heading to the bar for a two week bender. I'm not easily impressed by sitting on the beach. They're my TEB these days.

Last edited:
So you're bitch is that the gulfstream is a 20 year old design and thus a POS because you fly a global? What are we in kindergarden?

YIP opens himself up to it. He comes on here spouting the world according to YIP yet he has nothing to do with the fractional industry at ALL. He doesn't post in the majors or cargo section and he doesn't rant and rave there about his hate of unions. He tries to keep it in a small area where he will get the most amount of people to agree with him which is usually corporate pilots that are anti union to begin with.

The difference is I choose to be an FO position if I wanted to my earning potential as captain far exceeds Yip's dreams and hopes. Not to mention the time off and benefits.

I don't choose just to quit and go someplace else. I choose to make this place better and better. I wonder if you use the same arguments when fedex pilots first started flying falcons..... Hmmmm

Probably want to lay off the sauce on those 2 week benders. Can't be good for your health.

So you're bitch is that the gulfstream is a 20 year old design and thus a POS because you fly a global? What are we in kindergarden?

YIP opens himself up to it. He comes on here spouting the world according to YIP yet he has nothing to do with the fractional industry at ALL. He doesn't post in the majors or cargo section and he doesn't rant and rave there about his hate of unions. He tries to keep it in a small area where he will get the most amount of people to agree with him which is usually corporate pilots that are anti union to begin with.

The difference is I choose to be an FO position if I wanted to my earning potential as captain far exceeds Yip's dreams and hopes. Not to mention the time off and benefits.

I don't choose just to quit and go someplace else. I choose to make this place better and better. I wonder if you use the same arguments when fedex pilots first started flying falcons..... Hmmmm

Probably want to lay off the sauce on those 2 week benders. Can't be good for your health.

No, I don't fly a Global. Look again. That's not the point though. Many would consider the smart choice to have been to move two feet left instead of bypassing upgrade for such a long time just to get into any G, but especially an older GIV. Even though I currently fly a G650, I would now, and always, fly a King Air if it payed better.

Last edited:

Yip is one of the nicest, most informed posters here. He just doesn't agree with you about unions.

Latest resources

Back