• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

To My Friend G4Dude

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Yip is one of the nicest, most informed posters here. He just doesn't agree with you about unions.

Sigh. Yet he will only post here about unions. Why is that?

Are you going to join us yet or are you still siting on the sidelines?

Frankly the fact that you two agree pretty much proves all the points everyone has been making.

Waiting for you to get in the game.

At least dip a toe in its not going to kill you.

Diesel, your Dad threatened to disown you for applying at NJA? That is harsh. Why?

Because he wanted me to do other things with my life. I disagreed and went this route. One of those father son arguments that sometimes you have to stick to your guns and be ready for the consequences.

In the end he was the biggest supporter of NetJets anybody could have.

No, I don't fly a Global. Look again. That's not the point though. Many would consider the smart choice to have been to move two feet left instead of bypassing upgrade for such a long time just to get into any G, but especially an older GIV. Even though I currently fly a G650, I would now, and always, fly a King Air if it payed better.

Why? Upgrade comes when it comes nothing I can do about it. I might as well be in the plane I want to be in until that time comes. I don't care about the age of the plane. Ive done my time in the I'v which was required before moving to the 550 it's different now but no reason to move.

Because he wanted me to do other things with my life. I disagreed and went this route. One of those father son arguments that sometimes you have to stick to your guns and be ready for the consequences.

In the end he was the biggest supporter of NetJets anybody could have.

My Dad said I should go to law school. Maybe he was right.....

Naw, I might have ended up like Hansell :smash:

I don't hate unions. When company gets a certain size it is needed to provide a single voice for the pilots. NJ pilots need a union. They deserve a better contract. I think you have great leadership in Pedro. A couple places I can think of need one badly. Flex Jet and K-2 come to mind. What I don't like is the unhappy Union member who is never happy and calls you names because you are happy. What I don't like is the union member who tells you you are screwing the brotherhood when you pick up open time. What I don't like is the union member who says we have two hours to make this turn at a mid point drop off and I am going to make sure we take the whole two hours. But in order to stifle voices like that we must be called names we must be insulted and even called a scab when we have not crossed a line. Guys like Diesel have been effective in silencing those voices at NJ. Someone has to speak up for them. Someone has to stand up to the thugs and let them show their true color
BTW: There is nothing beyond my hopes and dreams that could be fulfilled. They have all been fulfilled beyond anything I could have ask for

Last edited:
Why? Upgrade comes when it comes nothing I can do about it.

You could be PIC making 80 percent more tomorrow! And, you could have been making at least 50 percent more for each of the last 5 years. I respect your choice if that's what makes you happy, but you more than anyone have no business judging others career choices. You are, well, unique. I suspect you have another source of income and flying is more of a hobby. If not, It's hard for someone like me to understand your choices because I'm probably too motivated by money. I suspect the crux of that conversation with your dad in the FSI parking lot years ago centered around that theme. I also suspect he didn't actually threaten to disown you though it may have felt like it at the time.

Both applied, accepted, and started college.

But neither have a degree. Maybe you should change your quote to "Glad I don't have a college education -- said no one".

The opportunity to bust your b@lls is a rare one -- and I will not pass on the opportunity.

In the spirit of good sportsmanship, I salute you! LOL!

You could be PIC making 80 percent more tomorrow! And, you could have been making at least 50 percent more for each of the last 5 years. I respect your choice if that's what makes you happy, but you more than anyone have no business judging others career choices. You are, well, unique. I suspect you have another source of income and flying is more of a hobby. If not, It's hard for someone like me to understand your choices because I'm probably too motivated by money. I suspect the crux of that conversation with your dad in the FSI parking lot years ago centered around that theme. I also suspect he didn't actually threaten to disown you though it may have felt like it at the time.

Lots of suspect pretty much all wrong.

Might want to polish the crystal ball.

A contract isn't only about the pay section. They could pay a million a year but to work every day of the year to get it isn't a good contact either.

Your motivated by money which I suspect is because your jealous of those that have.

I'm motivated by qol and money is only part of that. If your gone every day from family what's the point?

Last edited:
I don't hate unions. When company gets a certain size it is needed to provide a single voice for the pilots. NJ pilots need a union. They deserve a better contract. I think you have great leadership in Pedro. A couple places I can think of need one badly. Flex Jet and K-2 come to mind. What I don't like is the unhappy Union member who is never happy and calls you names because you are happy. What I don't like is the union member who tells you you are screwing the brotherhood when you pick up open time. What I don't like is the union member who says we have two hours to make this turn at a mid point drop off and I am going to make sure we take the whole two hours. But in order to stifle voices like that we must be called names we must be insulted and even called a scab when we have not crossed a line. Guys like Diesel have been effective in silencing those voices at NJ. Someone has to speak up for them. Someone has to stand up to the thugs and let them show their true color

BTW: There is nothing beyond my hopes and dreams that could be fulfilled. They have all been fulfilled beyond anything I could have ask for

Please provide and example where a crew did this 2 hour turn. Or are you just making something up convenient to fit into your hatred of unions.

Please also post your hatred of unions on the majors board I look forward to someone setting you straight there too.

But we all know you won't.

Please provide and example where a crew did this 2 hour turn. Or are you just making something up convenient to fit into your hatred of unions.

Please also post your hatred of unions on the majors board I look forward to someone setting you straight there too.

But we all know you won't.
Can't you read? I said I don't hate unions, I just don't care for your ilk's approach to this whole debate. If you go over to the other place and look at the job posting forum, you will see where I have said K-2 needs a union.
BTW: The two hour turn was a different company and a different union where the CA like to pad the duty rig, he also flew with the anti-ice on on clear VFR nights because the L-188 would be slower and pad our flight time.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back