• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

The Marquis Effect on NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
can someone please tell me what a 25 hr marquis card in the F2000,G4 and G5 go for

I believe that Marquis card shares are treated exactly like the other owners with one possible exception. As they are selling hours and trips not shares of ownership, their trips have to be considered Part 135.

Block time arrangements have always been considered charter. One of the things that the Netjets concept did that was different was the breakdown to owners by shared ownership and not hours or trips. This through the regulatory process off and hence all the new regulations convering fractional owners.

Hmmm....

Agree with you on hours vs. shares (although Shares are clearly composed of hours). And understand that Marquis flies under 135.

I guess I am still wondering, however, if folks think that based on the way NetJets positions aircraft and runs the business, that Marquis card holders are using NetJets aircraft that are not part of the "Marquis Pool".

Couldn't that go both ways? What if a regular share owner flies a leg in a Marquis owned a/c? To the arugment posted here should the Marquis owners be compensated for the revenue generated?

The biggest problem with the Marquis card is that it puts the 1/32 share cardholder on the same footing as a true 1/4 share owner. The business model, aircraft availability and staffing was based on 1/4 share owners. If you add in a bunch of 1/32 "owners", your model goes to hell and you have no choice but to charter aircraft. Today is a perfect example - we have well below normal usage and we still sold off a big number of flights. Sooner or later, the owners realize they are being taken for a ride and start to protest. Look for some serious problems from the real owners on the Marquis issue.

Marquis

Marquis does not own entire a/c in the NJA fleet. It owns shares in many planes. Marquis cardholders do not fly on Marquis a/c. Marquis is just like another share owner (who owns lots of shares). The planes are not used any more or less becuase of Marquis. It is just since I owner has so many shares, it is apparent when they are flying. If I owned shares which in the aggregate added up to 45-50 aircraft I'd be pretty noticable too. It is actually quite simple and not as suspect as many of you make it seem. The flights are Part 135 due to a myriad of federal regs. which all of you know better than me, including the part about charging $$ to fly people. There are some availability issues and reponse times and availability are better for NJA owners than Marquis card holders.

Fly safe.

Starman said:
The biggest problem with the Marquis card is that it puts the 1/32 share cardholder on the same footing as a true 1/4 share owner.
Not really. Marquis cardholders have no ownership /no assets/no writeoffs.
Keep in mind that an 1/4 owner is 1000 hours over 5 years. a Marquis customer would have to purchase 40 cards to equal (1) Share owner.
In other words, 8 cards per year to equal 1 owner.

There is some validity to the difference between having 4 "owners" on an aircraft and having 32 "owners". Much is undefined but the word demands comes to minds

Publishers said:
There is some validity to the difference between having 4 "owners" on an aircraft and having 32 "owners".
It makes no difference. 800 hours/plane are sold. It doesn't matter if 32 people use it or 4 people use it. 800 hours is 800 hours.

BB says Marquis "Leases" aircraft,....no purchasing (registration under Netjets Sales). He also said a 25 hour card holder vs. 1/2 share owner are currently treated the same.. He did mention that there will be changes to the marquis program due to the high demand over the holidays by creating "black out dates" to give the owners the first right.

FWIW.

David

Latest resources

Back