Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does not make sense

NJA Capt said:
It makes no difference. 800 hours/plane are sold. It doesn't matter if 32 people use it or 4 people use it. 800 hours is 800 hours.

I agree 800 hours is 800 hours - but it appears that these jets are doing more than 800 hours. It has to have something to do with 135/Marquis....yes?

NJA Capt said:
It makes no difference. 800 hours/plane are sold. It doesn't matter if 32 people use it or 4 people use it. 800 hours is 800 hours.

Tell this to the folks in ops/scheduling. You double the number of owners in an aircraft and you double the potential demand. It's not simply linear.

The difference is in the number of owners per airplane. More owners with smaller shares means more potential conflicts as to who wants to fly when.

The other difference between right now and 1 year ago is the number of airplanes we operate "unencumbered", which is to say airplanes that aren't completely sold off into fractions. The more unencumbered airplanes we have the easier it is to meet all of the owners and card holders needs. Last year we had lots and lots of unencumbered planes, this year we have very few. This is good for cash flow but bad for operations.

It's the same thing at Options with the Jetpass card. 32 cards (25 hrs ea) = 1 airplane (800 hrs) The COO is all excited about selling more cards...The problem is, one new airplane can't possibly provide service to 32 card-customers. Short-term cashflow = operational nightmare

800 is just a marketing gimmick. I was under the understanding that these airplanes are averaging well over 1200 hours a year, at least on the Flops side. I can't see NJ doing much less with thier planes.

I believe the 800 hours refers to 800 "occupied" hours. With deadheads, that could easily be 1200 total hours.

WrknStff said:
800 is just a marketing gimmick. I was under the understanding that these airplanes are averaging well over 1200 hours a year, at least on the Flops side. I can't see NJ doing much less with thier planes.

When RS came up with the concept in the 80's, he figured that the average acft would be used approx 1000 hours per year. 1 full share = 800 hours...The remaining 200 hours are used for repositioning trips and maintenance check flights. I believe the owners are aware of this when they are signing on the dotted line. As far as I can tell from where I sit, we are averaging 1000 hours per year on each aircraft.

To answer a question earlier in this thread:

25 hour card

Falcon 2000 $259,900.00
G-IV-SP $299,900.00
G-V $339,000.00

Flightbag

Flightbag said:
To answer a question earlier in this thread:

25 hour card

Falcon 2000 $259,900.00
G-IV-SP $299,900.00
G-V $339,000.00

Flightbag

Thank you very much

They way I see it on the front lines is that Netjets may be trying to rid itself of owners all together and going all Marquis....Why? More $ More $ More $ and far fewer complaints....

Latest resources

Back