• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA training rumor?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not to be a GBJ type but I am just having one of those pissed off days about it. What motivation exists for SWA to pay those that are not on the SWA side on 1/1/15? They have to be trained anyway. It cost nothing to send those home without pay. One departing dagger in the back of the FATies?

Dragging this ordeal out is ridiculous. Wave, Red, why is it taking so effn long?

Phred

Not to be a GBJ type but I am just having one of those pissed off days about it. What motivation exists for SWA to pay those that are not on the SWA side on 1/1/15? They have to be trained anyway. It cost nothing to send those home without pay. One departing dagger in the back of the FATies?

Dragging this ordeal out is ridiculous. Wave, Red, why is it taking so effn long?

Phred

Who knows. Wait 5 minutes and something will change. A few weeks ago an employee "asks Gary" in a video questionaire with the SWA CEO, if SWA will expand in the NY market. Gary goes on for about 5-7 minutes how NY expansion isn't a priority and how it's a "destination" city, meaning they feel obligated to provide the citizens of Lubbock a flight or two to the big Apple. Now they announce cutting 3 cities to accommodate 12 new LGA slots. OK. Not paying the pilots who haven't been provided an opportunity to transition? That's called a furlough isn't it? They can't furlough and hire at the same time. Only thing for certain is everyone will continue to be freaked out for a while because MGT isn't letting on.

All tranny's will be transitioned by 1/15, as SWA FOs, the training center can handle it....planes (717s) may sit idle, pilots won't....company buying used NG to replace....

All tranny's will be transitioned by 1/15, as SWA FOs, the training center can handle it....planes (717s) may sit idle, pilots won't....company buying used NG to replace....

That's the company's line, anyway. I suppose we'll see if they can pull it off.

Bubba

Yea that is the company line and not surprised that MJ touts it as fact. SWA can never be wrong.

I do not have a whole lot of faith that all trannies will be transitioned by the deadline. All that has happened so far is that things get pushed to the right. It would not surprise me if there are new-hire training classes while some trannies sit at home without pay.

Phred

They've been saying used -700's for awhile now. Still haven't seen any meaningful announcements made other than just for a handful spread out over the next three years or so. I'll believe it when I see it. Still pretty skeptical though.

Yea that is the company line and not surprised that MJ touts it as fact. SWA can never be wrong.

I do not have a whole lot of faith that all trannies will be transitioned by the deadline. All that has happened so far is that things get pushed to the right. It would not surprise me if there are new-hire training classes while some trannies sit at home without pay.

Phred
I don't necessarily believe that all will be transitioned by 2015 either. However, the agreement states that ALL will be covered by the SWAPA CBA on 1/1/15 whether transitioned or not. There are no provisions in the CBA that will allow you to sit home without pay. At the very least, minimum guarantee will apply.

Don't have the instructors. Do you expect your sim instructors to violate their contract? Gk is getting his flattish. Increasing yield while cutting markets. Brilliant on his part. He has a flattish won't fly bag tag hanging from his urinal in his office that he uses before he heads out to the Monday deck party. Shut up and live with it. You have a job. You can leave if you don't like it. The big boys are hiring.

Sure you have instructors, how long would it take them to spin them up to SWA standards, a week? Violate a contract? If the instructors are SWA instructors, no violation.

Increasing yields while cutting markets. Yep, markets which are low RASM routes. Putting jets on hi yield routes.

Latest resources

Back