• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No, when I see something that is an injustice, I give plenty of opinions about it. Over the last 11 years on here I have picked on a lot of groups that deserved it, like the US Easties, certain Comair guys, and now specific Corndogs. They are always welcome to give their own opinions or retorts, or just ignore. Whatever...

Bye Bye---General Lee

Injustice? I guess it's all the the eye of the beholder. Just a little history on Delta. Did you know that the Pan Am pilots had to wait 36 months for pay parity at Delta?, and, All Pan Am pilots had to be based in New York for two years before they could bid into another Delta domicle?.(Not a big deal for A310s, but most 727 guys were Miami based at the time.) Some senior 727 captains took as much as a 12 year seniority loss. (Meaning back to right seat at Pam Am 727 FO pay.) Basically a 60% pay cut. Now I know you're going to say that they rescued 600 pilots from the sinking Pan Am Titanic, but do you think that's the fair treatment that you keep talking about?

Injustice? I guess it's all the the eye of the beholder. Just a little history on Delta. Did you know that the Pan Am pilots had to wait 36 months for pay parity at Delta?, and, All Pan Am pilots had to be based in New York for two years before they could bid into another Delta domicle?.(Not a big deal for A310s, but most 727 guys were Miami based at the time.) Some senior 727 captains took as much as a 12 year seniority loss. (Meaning back to right seat at Pam Am 727 FO pay.) Basically a 60% pay cut. Now I know you're going to say that they rescued 600 pilots from the sinking Pan Am Titanic, but do you think that's the fair treatment that you keep talking about?

You're right Lear, here we go again......First of all, this was a partial asset sale, and the Pan Am guys could have stayed with Pan Am afterwards. It was their choice. The Airtran guys had no choice. You said Pan Am guys were bumped down to FO. There were 30 Pan Am 747 pilots that bid the Pan Am Shuttle on the 727 Capt (bumped their own guys off), just to make sure they ended up going to DL, and then they got back to the 767ER as a Captain as they finished their careers, instead of the unemployment line. I'd say they did a lot better paywise than the alternative. So, try not to compare the Pan Am situation with the Airtran situation. It was all voluntary, and it happened 20 years ago. If stuff like that still happens today, that is a shame. But keep bringing up the past and trying to justify it. These latest mergers have NOT gone well, and that didn't have to happen.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You're right Lear, here we go again......

You two freaks are the Kings of the broken records. You two annoying dudes repeat the same things over and over and over and over again.

The Delta history is fundamentally indefensible. But that sure doesn't keep the strange little man from trying over and over and over and over again convincing absolutely no one except his new bestie Lear70 who got fired how many times from AirTran? Or is that PCL. I get the crazies confused.

Last edited:
You two freaks are the Kings of the broken records. You two annoying dudes repeat the same things over and over and over and over again.

The Delta history is fundamentally indefensible. But that sure doesn't keep the strange little man from trying over and over and over and over again convincing absolutely no one except his new bestie Lear70 who got fired how many times from AirTran? Or is that PCL. I get the crazies confused.

I LUV it, the DL history is "fundamentally indefensible..." Wow. Obsess MUCH.... Get over it. We could go over a lot of social injustices in the past too, but it doesn't make it ok TODAY. You are crazy old man!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Wait, you COULD CARE LESS? So, you do care a lot? That's awesome. Hey, look up Yahoo Aviation finance each morning and find out the latest and greatest at DL. Enjoy it.

Btw, I wish I didn't have to read and hear about the injustices at your place. Please fix them, so I don't have to continue to debate how poorly you merged. Really, it didn't have to be that way. You had two examples of how to merge before your turn, and I think you took the wrong path....

Bye Bye---General Lee

I guess if you got nothing else then you might as well attack the typo.

You're right Lear, here we go again......First of all, this was a partial asset sale, and the Pan Am guys could have stayed with Pan Am afterwards. It was their choice. The Airtran guys had no choice. You said Pan Am guys were bumped down to FO. There were 30 Pan Am 747 pilots that bid the Pan Am Shuttle on the 727 Capt (bumped their own guys off), just to make sure they ended up going to DL, and then they got back to the 767ER as a Captain as they finished their careers, instead of the unemployment line. I'd say they did a lot better paywise than the alternative. So, try not to compare the Pan Am situation with the Airtran situation. It was all voluntary, and it happened 20 years ago. If stuff like that still happens today, that is a shame. But keep bringing up the past and trying to justify it. These latest mergers have NOT gone well, and that didn't have to happen.

Bye Bye---General Lee

They all got to retire as 767 captains making tons of money, what's the big deal?That sounds kind of similar to the same argument that some of the SWA guys have been making. The point of my post was to ask you if you thought the Pan Am pilots were treated fairly when they transitioned to Delta, or were they lucky just to have a job. The "Dirty Thirty" were mostly ALPA officers and their cronies that made sure they had a life jacket. Kind of like most of ATN Alpa is already at SWA. You can say the Pan AM aquisition is anient history, buy I see a lot of similarities to today.

This is different how?

Am I missing something? What's the difference between the "end of 2014" and "beginning of 2015"........besides a killer hangover and a few, lame, new year's resolutions?

Latest resources

Back