• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and until then.. spend 3 years with a 25% take home pay cut, terrible schedule, >40% of pilots on reserve and out of seniority transition.

Look at the bright side. When you cross over you'll get the privilege of commuting to the west coast AND get to spend your raise on a crash pad or hotel rooms. ;)

That's why I'm bidding Vegas, baby. Cheap hotels! and other entertainments... lol ;)

Not sure where you live, but many guys in Vegas bid PM lines, and commute in on day one then fly a redeye home on day 3 or 4. No Hotel bills, unless you want to stay for the entertainment.

Do you even know what a B scale is, or the history behind the term? Your posts on the subject referencing the SW/AT deal indicate that you don't.

Whether you think it's right or wrong (and no one asked you anyway), AT and SW are being operated as separate airlines, separate lists during the transition, per the agreement both sides voted for.

The AT guys get full SW pay (with their AT longevity) the day they get a SW ID.

Hi Tri, maybe you don't understand GOOD mergers. In a good merger, people get a JOINT contract first (same pay for same type equipment). Then, an SLI is negotiated or arbitrated, so you don't have to blame management or the guy sitting next to you, you can blame the arbitrator if you couldn't negotiate it yourself (most can't). Then, you integrate as fast as you can, not take years.... Come on! That is lame, and does not promote unity or loyalty. After flying at your 17 airlines, you should know that by now. Btw, how many if those above did your airline follow? How's your merger going in your eyes? Riiight.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Not sure where you live, but many guys in Vegas bid PM lines, and commute in on day one then fly a redeye home on day 3 or 4. No Hotel bills, unless you want to stay for the entertainment.
Nashville, I don't think there's a red-eye back here on anyone.

Will probably fly out the day before and fly the A.M. lines so I can get home on the last day. Something about not having to get a hotel at the END of your trip seems easier than getting one on the front end.

Plus I'm less likely to get in trouble if I have to get up early on Day 1. ;)

Hi Tri, maybe you don't understand GOOD mergers. In a good merger, people get a JOINT contract first (same pay for same type equipment). Then, an SLI is negotiated or arbitrated, so you don't have to blame management or the guy sitting next to you, you can blame the arbitrator if you couldn't negotiate it yourself (most can't). Then, you integrate as fast as you can, not take years.... Come on! That is lame, and does not promote unity or loyalty. After flying at your 17 airlines, you should know that by now. Btw, how many if those above did your airline follow? How's your merger going in your eyes? Riiight.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Awwww. There lies the problem. This was an integration based on an acquisition. This was not a merger.

Just as a reminder, NWA and DAL decided to merge operations. SWA purchased AT. In every definition there is a big difference.

But I m absolutely certain you can not see the difference. :)

Bye Bye---General Lee

You pride yourself as being mastur debater, yet you quote me, and don't even address the subject of the quote in any way.

You have, on numerous occasions incorrectly referred to the current AT pay scales as B scales. There is no B scale at SW or AT.

As for the rest.....

There is no such thing as a "good merger".

Latest resources

Back