• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA to speed up Airtran integration.....article

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NPR says SWA has a big ATL announcement coming up. Scoop?

Amy Wenk
Staff Writer-
Atlanta Business Chronicle

Southwest Airlines is planning to celebrate its first year of flying from Atlanta with a big announcement.

On Feb. 12, Dallas-based Southwest Airlines Inc. (NYSE: LUV) plans to hold an event at the AirTran Corporate Center in College Park. A big announcement is anticipated that will further the airline’s presence in Atlanta.

“This is the year where we really get to work on building Atlanta,” Gary C. Kelly, CEO and president of Southwest, said in a Jan. 24 call with analysts. “And the nice thing is we've had just such a wonderful reception in the community. So we're very pleased with the reaction to the Southwest brand … So we got a big year coming up, though, for Atlanta, no question.”

Atlanta Mayor Kasim Reed and Georgia Department of Labor Commissioner Mark Butler will join Southwest executives including Jeff Lamb, senior vice president of administration and chief people officer, for the upcoming event.

I am personally tired of their "Big Announcements".

A few years ago, I actually payed attention to these rumors because it meant growth or a new city. Now it means we are switching from plain peanuts to honey roasted.

My guess is they will unveil "Georgia One". BFD!!!

I am personally tired of their "Big Announcements".

A few years ago, I actually payed attention to these rumors because it meant growth or a new city. Now it means we are switching from plain peanuts to honey roasted.

My guess is they will unveil "Georgia One". BFD!!!

Beat me to it. :)

Maybe it will be painted up like the Dukes of Hazard car. :)

We can't let this die at 67 pages, you think Delta would ever get 67 pages on anything?

Wrong forum. Over on Ahe Pee See, the "Latest and Greatest" Delta thread is nearly six years old, with over 122,000 replies and 14 million views.

This thread isn't even a rounding error in comparison.

Nu

Latest resources

Back