• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ten years is a long time and, well, yes I think eventually. Keep in mind however that upgrade times for those joining at the bottom will be very long. It would be advantageous to try the airlines with high retirements first. If SWA is your goal then be patient and hopefully things will improve. It's a good place if you don't mind the right seat for a good long while.

The school house is claiming 200-400 next year but many of us doubt that high a number.

Ten years is a long time and, well, yes I think eventually. Keep in mind however that upgrade times for those joining at the bottom will be very long. It would be advantageous to try the airlines with high retirements first. If SWA is your goal then be patient and hopefully things will improve. It's a good place if you don't mind the right seat for a good long while.

The school house is claiming 200-400 next year but many of us doubt that high a number.

Better yet, pick a fast growing, profitable airline.

Like Southwest was fifteen years ago.

Lets see..... I have been on reserve with 11 days off at Pinnacle for 10 years. I would go to SWA in a heartbeat to sit on reserve with 15 days off a month with better pay..... its a no brainer

demographics don't lie, SWA will be back to hiring at a normal rate in about 8 years, as the big wave of 65's start to hit the streets, that's when upgrade times will peak in the low twenty year range, and quickly reduce back to the industry standard ten years by about 2023.

The hiring rumor came out of the GO with the intention of creating the illusion of growth to help grease the skids to get the contract done. As soon as the ink is dry they will announce that we need to "change course" and "aggressively optimize" and "right size the airline" in order to "remain competitive". Odds are much higher that we furlough than hire unless we buy another airline in which case they will hold off on the furloughs until after the government approves the next merger.

Lets see..... I have been on reserve with 11 days off at Pinnacle for 10 years. I would go to SWA in a heartbeat to sit on reserve with 15 days off a month with better pay..... its a no brainer

And don't forget it's 16 days off in the month's with 31 days. :beer:

Latest resources

Back