• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SWA Hiring...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The switch to annual CA rides will be the game changer.

That might just free up enough capacity to do it. It would be real nice if this turns out to be true. I would like nothing more than to be wrong and I'll start a "Ghetto was wrong" thread if I turn out to be. They maybe could continue to use the AAI 737 sims which would add in as well.

Last edited:
While I certainly hope it's true, I wouldn't get your hopes up. We're still waiting for the "explosive" growth that we were promised for voting in the last contract.

While I certainly hope it's true, I wouldn't get your hopes up. We're still waiting for the "explosive" growth that we were promised for voting in the last contract.

Atlanta was supposed to cause "explosive growth" as well. So far the only thing "explosive" in Atlanta is rumored to be caused by the Varsity.

The switch to annual CA rides will be the game changer.
How? Currently Capt have two sim sessions per year (PT & PC) while the F/Os have one (either PT or PC). Under the new procedure each pilot will have two sim sessions per year (a maneuver session followed by a LOFT the next day). The new procedure will be adding a sim session per F/O while saving a DH to/from DAL per Capt. I don't see how the new procedure will free up sim time for new hires and the AirTran transitions.

Latest resources

Back