• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Not really. It takes time to get the MEC together for a meeting in which they can vote on the agreement. It wouldn't be appropriate to release information about a TA until the MEC has had a chance to read it thoroughly and vote on whether it will go out to the pilots for a vote.

In this day and age, I disagree.

It would take about an hour to apprise the MEC to the significant changes, I mean it isn't like they are out playing golf and unreachable.

Hence I certainly wouldn't return to work unless the MEC had shown that the major issues had been solved, ie the four days off between trips, pay rates up to par, etc.

Someone else on this BB talked about the Comair strike and they stood tall until they saw the appropriate changes.

My hat is off to the Spirit pilots, they are continuing the tradition of standing tall when shiite hits the fan, I am just surprised they are called back to work without the benefits of the highlights!

Even if the MEC puts out a summary of the TA and says return to work, without a ratification vote it's difficult to know how the majority of the pilots feel about the TA. So if some want to stay out, but others want to fly, then don't you have a real mess on your hands?

I would think the MEC could put out a presentation showing the highlights in short order, hence saying essentially the sticking points has been solved

But you know what, I am not the one striking, so realistically i should keep my mouth shut, so I will.

My sincerest thank to the Spirit pilots for standing together, may you get what you truly deserve!

Do I understand this correctly?

They haven't seen the new contract, they have no real assurance that it will be a better contract, and they're going back to work. What am I missing?

IF (IF) this is the case, are they agreeing to work so the company won't go TU? Based on what I'm reading here, it seems like mgmt is putting up more of a fight than anyone anticipated.

They gave raises to people who don't exist on the seniority list...senior F/O's and Junior CA's...way to go!

Will you be able to argue this point definitively 5 years from now? If we grow, and grow quickly, you just might be a junior CA here in the not-to-distant future. If we hit a bump in the road and don't grow, you could be a fairly senior FO by the end of this agreement. Just ask the 8 year FOs here now. When the last contract was drafted in 2003, the FO pay scales were tailored to the assumption that everybody would upgrade in 2 or 3 years. That obviously didn't pan out, and as a result, our 7 and 8 year FOs have had to live with substandard wages for the last 4 or 5 years. What's wrong with having a payscale that covers a variety of scenarios?

Where does this demand for instant gratification come from anyway? The majority of the guys and girls flying here have probably been flying with an amendable contract for longer than you've even been with the airline. We've all anxiously waited for this process to play out, and eventually swing in our favor so we could have an opportunity to make improvements to the compensation package and quality of life standards of all of our pilots. This is a marathon my friend, not a sprint.

I personally don't need to see the hilights now. In fact, I would rather not be biased by what someone else considers to be the hilights. I would rather it has adequate time for process, then see the finished product in it's entirety so I can formulate my own, unbiased opinion of its merits, or lack therof. We'll each get a vote, and majority will rule. If it passes...great, maybe we can get back to some semblance of normalcy around here. If not...I'll see you back on the picket line.

...maybe we can get back to some semblance of normalcy around here.
With what they are doing to the FA's right now, this crappy airline will never be normal.
...you just might be a junior CA here in the not-to-distant future.
Nice carrot to dangle...you must be friends with Ben.
Where does this demand for instant gratification come from anyway?
Oh, I don't know...everything the MEC and ALPA national has said the last few years???

Last edited:
Hope deal works for all, but if not remember that when we at Comair were on strike we voted down 2 offers and stayed on strike before we got a deal. Even though still wasnt that great, but got little better each time. Hoping you folks dont have to go any further.

A low life regional knew how to do it. They had the brass to stay on strike.
Spirits MEC sold you guys down the river in a deflating raft. ALPA, Live to Fight Another Day! because ALPA is a bunch of spineless twits, like PFT_128.

A low life regional knew how to do it. They had the brass to stay on strike.
Spirits MEC sold you guys down the river in a deflating raft. ALPA, Live to Fight Another Day! because ALPA is a bunch of spineless twits, like PFT_128.

of course Comair had some company scabs...how many did Spirit have was it ZERO company scabs?

Latest resources

Back