• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit TA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Back to work without at least the improved hightlights seems odd!

Not really. It takes time to get the MEC together for a meeting in which they can vote on the agreement. It wouldn't be appropriate to release information about a TA until the MEC has had a chance to read it thoroughly and vote on whether it will go out to the pilots for a vote. That's going to take about a week from when the TA was actually reached. It's not in anyone's best interests, including the line pilots, to remain on strike for an additional week for no reason at all. If the pilots vote down the TA, then you can immediately go back on strike. There is no requirement for an additional cooling-off period of even more negotiations. A strike can begin right away again.

I think it's a bit crazy that guys here are attacking a TA that they haven't even seen yet. Your MEC conducted an incredible strike, with absolute unity. They stood up to management and held their ground until they got a fair deal. I think you can give them the benefit of the doubt until the details come out next week. Trust your reps. They are top-notch.

Some of us have heard details, if these details turn out to be true, FO pay is below Airtran, JetBlue, and Allegiant? Taking it back? ALPA? Prepare for another STRIKE! RETRO is only 7k$? WTF?????

Not really. It takes time to get the MEC together for a meeting in which they can vote on the agreement. It wouldn't be appropriate to release information about a TA until the MEC has had a chance to read it thoroughly and vote on whether it will go out to the pilots for a vote. That's going to take about a week from when the TA was actually reached. It's not in anyone's best interests, including the line pilots, to remain on strike for an additional week for no reason at all. If the pilots vote down the TA, then you can immediately go back on strike. There is no requirement for an additional cooling-off period of even more negotiations. A strike can begin right away again.

An MEC ends a strike, not a negotiating committee. There is certainly no extra step here on whether the MEC must meet in person to decide if the TA is acceptable for a member vote; that decision would already have been taken in a meeting conducted in person or telephonically. The only reason for some delay is taking agreements in principle and translating it into contract language, which can take time.

An MEC ends a strike, not a negotiating committee. There is certainly no extra step here on whether the MEC must meet in person to decide if the TA is acceptable for a member vote; that decision would already have been taken in a meeting conducted in person or telephonically. The only reason for some delay is taking agreements in principle and translating it into contract language, which can take time.

I don't want to see the entire thing...just the major points and the pay...there should be no reason to delay if those are acceptable, kind of sounding to me like they are not.

I really hope this isn't another Senior eat their young contract. I am so sick of hearing "don't worry, you will get yours later."

I really hope this isn't another Senior eat their young contract. I am so sick of hearing "don't worry, you will get yours later."

So the public is correct...greedy pilots, that sell out junior F/O's?

Say it isn't so...Spirit MEC by publishing the bullet points and pay rates!

We had the entire flying world behind us and they rolled over and took it right in the can...unfreakingbelievable.

So the public is correct...greedy pilots, that sell out junior F/O's?

Say it isn't so...Spirit MEC by publishing the bullet points and pay rates!

We had the entire flying world behind us and they rolled over and took it right in the can...unfreakingbelievable.

We are still behind you! If you vote it down we will still be there! Unlike PCL 128 I don't believe there is any reason you rush back to work and you most certainly don't tell your pilot group to go back to work until you tell them what they are working for! These men and women walked away from their jobs to better their future, they deserve to know what the are returning for! It doesn't take time to put out a brief outline of the bullet points to keep your membership behind you.

Even if the MEC puts out a summary of the TA and says return to work, without a ratification vote it's difficult to know how the majority of the pilots feel about the TA. So if some want to stay out, but others want to fly, then don't you have a real mess on your hands?

I guess we will have to wait and see. To my friends over there I really hope the TA is worth the effort. With the stagnant nature of this industry now I really hope this TA is fair to the left and right seat. Good luck guys.

Latest resources

Back