• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
it was supposed to be 6 in 2010, but due to the piss poor management...we had to defer them because we don't have enough instructors to train the new hire and upgrades (we barley have enough instructors to keep up with the current demand).

spirit , good airline, good service, good price, i hope i can be cool and fly for spirit....i fly for 20$ an hr, that would make me happy...

Thanks for the advice guys, my options are still open.

your posting history shows you to be a Central FL guy who appears to have gotten hired by AirSunshine or Cape Air, then Mesaba and Pinnacle. It also shows that you've been around for seven or eight years. I will assume that all to mean that you are highly desirous of getting back to FL, getting out of small jets and into a "real" airline airplane. I fear that those factors have turned into rose colored glasses regarding Spirit Airlines.

Over ten years experience at Spirit has shown me that you don't count airplanes until they are at the gate. As others have stated, Spirit has been a high twenty/thirty aircraft airline for a long time. If you are counting on deliveries coming in on a JetBlue style timeline, you will likely be highly disappointed.

We ALL, every one of the 500 Spirit pilots hope and pray that the expansion comes, but we've been fooled too often. You're not reading negativism from me, boomlrd and Mike, you're reading reality. Good luck in your career, good luck in your Spirit aspirations, just don't get your hopes up. You are as likely to be a hired and furloughed for three years as you are to be hired and upgraded in three years.

To end on a bright note, the last round of contraction and furlough was precipitated by the US economic downturn. Ownership overreacted and dumped twenty-five percent of the fleet. Hopefully, the current senior management will be able to override that type of reaction in future crisis and we'll all live happily ever after.

your posting history shows you to be a Central FL guy who appears to have gotten hired by AirSunshine or Cape Air, then Mesaba and Pinnacle. It also shows that you've been around for seven or eight years. I will assume that all to mean that you are highly desirous of getting back to FL, getting out of small jets and into a "real" airline airplane. I fear that those factors have turned into rose colored glasses regarding Spirit Airlines.

Over ten years experience at Spirit has shown me that you don't count airplanes until they are at the gate. As others have stated, Spirit has been a high twenty/thirty aircraft airline for a long time. If you are counting on deliveries coming in on a JetBlue style timeline, you will likely be highly disappointed.

We ALL, every one of the 500 Spirit pilots hope and pray that the expansion comes, but we've been fooled too often. You're not reading negativism from me, boomlrd and Mike, you're reading reality. Good luck in your career, good luck in your Spirit aspirations, just don't get your hopes up. You are as likely to be a hired and furloughed for three years as you are to be hired and upgraded in three years.

To end on a bright note, the last round of contraction and furlough was precipitated by the US economic downturn. Ownership overreacted and dumped twenty-five percent of the fleet. Hopefully, the current senior management will be able to override that type of reaction in future crisis and we'll all live happily ever after.

Guy your talking like if the people that are making the move is about SJS. Man when you work for a piece of ******************** airline anyone would be desperate to split when the chance comes. It doesn't necessary mean its about getting out of a small aircraft to a big one.

Guy your talking like if the people that are making the move is about SJS. Man when you work for a piece of ******************** airline anyone would be desperate to split when the chance comes. It doesn't necessary mean its about getting out of a small aircraft to a big one.

The comments being made by hopefuls like jocolo are not being made regarding a chance to escape a piece of **************airline. The comments are being made about Spirit receiving aircraft deliveries. I speculated about the reason he is hopeful and maybe I was wrong to do so, but my comments about Spirit's future still stand.

Assuming that Spirit will take those deliveries and that Spirit will expand is nothing more than wishful thinking.

Not colored glasses and shinY new jets mean ******************** to me but quality of life goes a long way, regarless of wether they get the SNJ. Someone wanted some info and since some people are so bitter give some information I gave what I got. And you are right CFI Air Sunshine Pinnacle well over 9k hrs most of them PIC,so you blame for trying to get out of a regional and into a better flying job? dont be a hypocrit, I worked my way up the food chain like everyone else, a door closes another one opens....

Now for the people interested, they are looking for 140 new hire for next year, 4 320 delivered in 2010 looking for 5 more REAL AIRLINE A/C in 2011, but this is aviation and you know it can change at anytime..............right ENIGMA.

They are still bringing the guys back from the street some are not taking the recall.

Right now they are calling people with internal recomendations, No more interviews until January.

Good Luck

Last edited:
If you want optimism...

Since we roughly staff at 14 crews per airplane, 140 new hires would be closer to 10 new airplanes in 2011.

If you think Pinnacle is a bad place to work, just wait until you come here...I have never seen so many bitter and jaded people. Guys who worked for true fly-by-night crap bag cargo airlines run by true scum bags think Spirit is the worst place they have worked.

If you think doing 6 days in a row of red-eye turns to central America all month is quality of life, then please, please come take those wonderful trips.

If you want optimism...

Since we roughly staff at 14 crews per airplane, 140 new hires would be closer to 10 new airplanes in 2011.

If you think Pinnacle is a bad place to work, just wait until you come here...I have never seen so many bitter and jaded people. Guys who worked for true fly-by-night crap bag cargo airlines run by true scum bags think Spirit is the worst place they have worked.

If you think doing 6 days in a row of red-eye turns to central America all month is quality of life, then please, please come take those wonderful trips.

Work for pinnacle and see what jaded people are. Its to the point of fellow pilots back stabbing each other for a dime. Now thats sick and disgusting.

Give me those red eyes. I'll do them all day everyday than fly with rats. Its not easy flying worrying about if someone gona rat you out because your taxing slow, getting the on time, ITS BULL******************** so spare me with the kitty talk buddy.,

Latest resources

Back