• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Spirit question

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You don't need an education to fly for Spirit. Just a willingness to work for peanuts and continue to be the lowest paid Airbus pilot out there. They would rather have an uneducated pilot anyway, this way they can continue to violate the contract and you won't understand why. It's ok though cause we got a "slick" reserve system, and 4 days off.

isn't that the truth...I'd guess we have about 10 people that know any better, including the senior F/O's...don't get me started. 3/4 year F/O's are all thinking this was the biggest mistake I ever made.

Any one who wants a recommendation...I'll be happy to help you out.

My letter would be something to the effect of:

So and so is a **** and an *******.

You will seriously thank me...seriously.

Hey, who saw our new Chief Pilot...

http://gizmodo.com/5030019/interview-virgin-galactic-pilotspace-pilot

Last edited:
Yeah I only worked about 4 days last month on reserve.

have you seen some of the credit some of the TIME AVAILABLE guys are pulling down...150+ a month. We are short staffed, that is way our management team turned away 2 airplanes (November and December) we don't have the people to cover the trips the instructors would missed if they were pulled off line to train new people.

The Time Avail guys are called before reserves, so these guys sitting available everyday, running into some type of conflict 30-in-7 or 24/7 or just starting a 4 day a day before a 4 day on their line, they are getting paid for what they fly plus are pay protected for what they are missing.

Any Spirit guys know if interviews have started? I am hearing "rumors" they are mainly hiring 20 something's with a couple thousand hours instead of we old guys with lots of time?

we have been interviewing...word is some of the folks who refused to fly other airplanes during the strike have been put at the top of the list for consideration (some ex-Midwest folks).

They have been interviewing since Nov. I had put postpone mine but got one this coming Wednesday..

They have been interviewing since Nov. I had put postpone mine but got one this coming Wednesday..

Oh god, please tell me you are being cute with the "props are for boats" statement in your profile, we really don't need any more SJS pilots here at Spirit.

Latest resources

Back