• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest is a PFT'er.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another pointless thread started by a d-bag. For those of you that can not see the difference between actual PFT and SWA, well, I truly feel sorry for you. Get a life.

Didn't all civilians pay for a:

Private
Instrument
Commercial
Multi-engine
CFI
CFII
ATP (most)

ratings to qualify for any position as an airline pilot?

The few people who consistently look at this PFT issue are obviously grabbing at something that they have done themselves. To those irrational people, this is called being a

H..Y..P..O..C..R..I..T..E..

I am a life long member of the PFT'ers. It's is a long list at all 91,91K,135,121,125 operators. My brothers and I are proud of are accomplishments.LOL

Funny how you NEED those tickets to get the FAA minimum to get hired at an airline....you don't need a TYPE RATING to get hired at an airline.....except at SWA.....just because.

It's stupid and pointless and "an investment?"....sure, if that is what makes you happy.

Didn't all civilians pay for a:

Private
Instrument
Commercial
Multi-engine
CFI
CFII
ATP (most)

ratings to qualify for any position as an airline pilot?

The few people who consistently look at this PFT issue are obviously grabbing at something that they have done themselves. To those irrational people, this is called being a

H..Y..P..O..C..R..I..T..E..

Not true at all.

Those are the guys that actually were man enough to pay for their own training and not use the taxpayers as saps.

Also these are the guys that can fly IFR in nasty weather better than anyone on the planet. Airline pilots fly IFR last I checked.

The type rating requirement shows a potential Pilot's ability to "REALLY WANT" to work for Southwest Airlines. That's what most people on the outside don't understand. We all know you can train a monkey to fly an airplane (I am living proof) but they are looking for people in all positions to go above and beyond whats required for any job within the company. They are looking for leaders and over achievers. You can either accept this or disregard it, your call.

I just completed 15 years of service at WN, and have never paid a dime for any training nor ever heard of anyone paying for any training. In fact, I've been PAID for every bit of training I've had at WN.

I'm not sure where this is coming from, or why some of you geniuses continue to bring it up so often on here, but WN is no more of a PFT outfit than any other airline.

That's the facts.

Latest resources

Back