• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest is a PFT'er.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So how long ago were you turned down by SWA?

Classic line...the truth...I never applied. Did not have to pony up the 5K to get hired and refused to do it....How ya like that one.

Was at an overnight talking to a SWA pilot in the bar and I will never forget what he said..."I got turned down by Delta, American, and United so I figured I am going to have to buy my job."......could not believe that was what he was carrying around.

Glad he had an option in the end.

Last edited:
$8000 x 5700 pilots = $45,600,000. Another drop in the bucket regarding SWA. They really don’t need applicants to have their type, it just weeds out the likes of GL, Lumberg and Scope. Who said SWA didn’t have visionaries back in the ’70’s. They contribute lots more than that to the profitsharing. As for the rest, let it go. Really, why do you care what goes on over there?

Now look at the avatar for 727 driver...obviously a person that spent her 5K somewhere that counts!!

Classic line...the truth...I never applied. Did not have to pony up the 5K to get hired and refused to do it....How ya like that one.

Was at an overnight talking to a SWA pilot in the bar and I will never forget what he said..."I got turned down by Delta, American, and United so I figured I am going to have to buy my job."......could not believe that was what he was carrying around.

That was the history. No doubt there are some in that category.
Today- there are pilots leaving all legacies to come to SWA.
Many w/ their type paid by former employer.
I look forward to the day when you guys leapfrog Swa and can reclaim that history- but since Swa has been carrying the water on contracts for about a decade--- when will you give it a rest and concentrate on your important role in the pattern bargaining system?

In the meantime, you sound like the fat man with a huge ego still bragging about his high school varsity teams

Last edited:

Hey "the world needs ditch diggers too." Can't all work for the top dog....

Heard the latest newhire class is filled with United/Contin, Delta, and even a 12 yr AA guy.

First off I did not start this thread. I was the second one to respond to the original post and the original poster deleted his post.

Second, I do stand corrected. Southwest requires a type to be hired. If you already have the type by some other means (other than paying for it) then I would say Southwest could be a PFT outfit for you if you go out and buy one.

Third, buying a type is a personal decision. I understand the benifits of being employed by Southwest and good for the ones that are living large at Southwest. It isn't for me, but it is for some people.

Fourth, I cannot believe I made it on somebody's ignore list. I always thought I made reasonable aurguments. I don't know if I should be offended or complimented.

Southwest requires a type to be hired. If you already have the type by some other means (other than paying for it) then I would say Southwest could be a PFT outfit for you if you go out and buy one.

Southwest could be a PFT outfit??? If you are trying to say that you put up logical arguments, you might want to research the true definition of a "PFT outfit".

Some guys say SWA is PFT because they are trying to start some kind of argument. Kinda like some who toss around the "scab" word for people who do things that they do not like. Scab has a definition and so does PFT.

Bottom line....relax....enjoy life...get to the hotel early!

And, SWA really doesn't care where you get the type....just that you have one....Latest class also had pilots from JB...Skywest....Chatauqua....DElta....CAL

Whoops...almost forgot...a US AIrways pilot too...but that goes without saying. I think there is one in just about every class...East ?...West?....don't know, don't care, who really cares?...we'll accept the application from either side.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back