Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Simon Says

New Airbus Regional Jet
In response to the Delta PFT'er. I say no, but Southwest. Yes, they are a PFT'er. Go buy a type and we will hire you.

You can interview without a type, and you can get hired without one. Once you are hired, you then have 6 months to get it. Pan Am just ran a special on a 737 type for $4,995. In Dec 2009, Aeroservice ran a special on a 737 type for $3,500.

Flyer....just because it's cheap,doesn't make it right.

so don't apply, show them you will not put with this stuff

Just to be fair, the guy who started the other thread (MCDU) is a Gulfstream academy washout.
Nothing like shelling out $25,000 of mom and dad's money just to get shown the door after your services are no longer required.:laugh:

So 5k out of pocket when you'll make greater than 110k after one year, plus 9.3% retirement and a big profit sharing check?

Man that's a tough call...

no wonder we can't find any new hire canidates!!

In order to be qualified for an airline job, one must pay for an ATP, multi rating, Instrument rating, pilot license etc. Is that PFT? Do you expect an employer to foot the bill for ab initio?

Southwest isn't training you. Southwest doesn't take the money. It is only a minimum requirement. Get over it.

You don't have to buy a type. You just have to have it. I shoplifted mine, but then, I run faster than most of you.

In response to the Delta PFT'er. I say no, but Southwest. Yes, they are a PFT'er. Go buy a type and we will hire you.

Wrong! See below;

In order to be qualified for an airline job, one must pay for an ATP, multi rating, Instrument rating, pilot license etc. Is that PFT? Do you expect an employer to foot the bill for ab initio?

Southwest isn't training you. Southwest doesn't take the money. It is only a minimum requirement. Get over it.

Well said flint4xx!

Latest resources

Back