• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest evaluates -800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
One rate....the potential down side of smaller ac is much greater here even if we do get larger ac.

Looks like the wait in the pool is about to get longer.

Boo hoo....

Besides a pond would be good for you......

Getting you through training IF you get hired is going to need a side letter!! SWAPA better get to work on that.....

So what you're saying is, negotiate the rates for the 300/500/700 higher to reflect the 800 coming on the property? You're not implying the company get a free-for-all with bigger equipment right?
All I'm saying is union/mgt issues aside- my guess is that you can't pay a 12 year SWA captain $200/hr to fly a C100/300 into smaller markets, going head to head with Republic with their sub-standard rates and expect to recover the same yield.
I too would love to see the spreadsheets.

I'm firmly in the small/medium/large camp.

All I'm saying is union/mgt issues aside- my guess is that you can't pay a 12 year SWA captain $200/hr to fly a C100/300 into smaller markets, going head to head with Republic with their sub-standard rates and expect to recover the same yield.
I too would love to see the spreadsheets.

I'm firmly in the small/medium/large camp.

You sound like management. Sure the pure numbers would support a SLIGHT cost advantage for Republic when going head to head.....a hundred or so bucks an hour.....if SWA is worried about that small advantage, then you should pull out (rhetorical and sarcastic).

SWA can leverage other strengths and will still kick Republic tail regardless.....here's hoping for it!

Union openers have already been sent out. Decision to be made by Dec. 1

The trans-continental flights are jam packed. Looking at a 175 config. 38 more seats would be some big revenue.

The 800's I am flying are all coach and have 189 pax. How will they configure the aircraft, will they have the club seating? I haven't been on a SWA flight in years, not sure if they are still doing the rear facing seats.

Keep one single aisle pay scale regardless of the number of seats, then negotiate a widebody pay scale for the larger equipment. Try this for starters.

Boo hoo....

Besides a pond would be good for you......

Getting you through training IF you get hired is going to need a side letter!! SWAPA better get to work on that.....

Be nice Lumberg! I didn't force you to take a crappy job at Delta. Or to take pay concessions for that matter. Therefore, there's no reason to project such hostilities towards me. Besides, if SWA doesn't start hiring soon I may have to join you over at Delta until things improve.

One blended rate- establish a rate for each airplane and average it fleet wide-
the other thing to consider are our own financial choices-
I can't tell you how many mainline pilots I know that would rather be flying domestic turns but financially have to bid for larger craft nc it's so weighted towards the top.
I'd hate to see that dynamic at WN

I have seen guys moving from plane to plane chasing a couple of dollars an hour.

This is the # 1 reason I personally would like to see one pay scale at SWA. Jumping around for a few dollars ends up costing the company a fortune in training and otehr areas which in turn affects profit sharing and long term viability. (ROIC, organic growth, fleet upgrades, etc.) I think the one FAIR pay scale model keeps this in check. We shall see...

Be nice Lumberg! I didn't force you to take a crappy job at Delta. Or to take pay concessions for that matter. Therefore, there's no reason to project such hostilities towards me. Besides, if SWA doesn't start hiring soon I may have to join you over at Delta until things improve.

If the job is so crappy...why even think about coming here.....

wannabe

Latest resources

Back