• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Southwest evaluates -800's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And not everyone could wear the doublebreast, admiral.

I'm lobbying for patches on the jacket though

Seriously- not everyone- there should be a weight limit on that coat too

Deal.....Do you have your watch set to Central?

I got the small hands set-but herb time still screws with me.

5 yrs is a long time...I don't think anyone, including the guys and gals running the joint would make such a prediction so far out. I think they have a pretty good feel for the next 1-2yrs but as we all know things change fast, for better and worse...Hopefully better days are ahead for everyone.

He is a doom and gloom idiot, just ignore him. He thinks he has the inside line.

But...I tend to be right! I told you, my buddy was a big time guy in the pilot union. Now he's in real tight with the CEO. In fact, when the pilots turned down the contract, he got called back to Dallas by the brass to give them the inside scoop on the pilot rationale on turning down the first contract.

So, it sounds like 2013 is a good estimate for hiring. So no new hires 2008-2013. If you remember, you guys gave me grief when I said they wouldn't hire in 2009 or 2010. Then you really started in on me for saying no hiring in 2011. Well, I was right. No it looks like 2012 is probably out.

My friend told me that even though the numbers have been good, they want to see better margins prior to increasing the fleet. And those goals are still a long way away. Sorry guys.

You were also the tool who said no hiring in late 07 and 08, how did that work out for you? You should go to work with the Gen and Scope, they are more your speed.

Latest resources

Back