• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something I have not seen posted.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just looked at a picture of 7 angry people with middle finger extended towards an IBT1108 van....what a class act! The union meeting was way more orderly and civil without animosity.....with many, many more than 7 but we are the thugs.
The picture only displays an agressive management style.

Rick Handschuch is a real class act!

Here’s something I haven’t seen posted. Would any decert voter like to post the management proposals for the CBA that were better than or exceeded the union proposals? How about ones that were even close? This mgt team loves you. Surely, they had good things in mind and just couldn’t make the deal.

Good luck to everyone over there who is in favor of having a union.

Let me be crystal clear here. If you decertify you're done. Finished. SOL. There is NO union that will touch you ever again if that happens. You're only hope will be an in-house union which, I'm sorry to say, you simply don't have enough pilots to make it effective (unless you want to pay 10% of every paycheck in dues).

One of KR's big lies is that we at NJA decertified from 1108 and look how well we're doing now.
WRONG!!
We never decertified. We DISAFFILIATED. There's a whopper of a difference there. We never, not for one tiny second, were without a union. So when KR says look how well it worked out for us it's because WE HAVE A UNION! Always have. We NEVER went without a union for ANY period of time.

I worked for KR. He's a liar. Worse really, because most people who lie have at least a little remorse over doing so, feelings of regret they're not being honest. KR had no such moral compunction. He'll lie in person, with a straight face and a charismatic earnestness it's hard to deny, then turn around and bend you over using 80 grit sandpaper while laughing in your face about how stupid you are for having believed him.

By the way, this is a subject change, but I read somewhere earlier from an anti-union guy that union's protect the bad apples. Please remember, if you're a dues paying member the union MUST, by law, provide representation. Also, please note that a union isn't always there to keep you out of trouble. If you do something that clearly deserves punishment, more often than not the union isn't trying to keep that person out of trouble so much as insure punishment is applied uniformly to everyone. So if a FOK does something wrong and only gets a letter of warning, then if someone else who isn't a FOK does the same thing that person gets the same letter instead of a worse punishment. The union isn't necessarily about saving everyone's backside from their own wrongdoing.

At any rate, if the decert vote succeeds I truly feel sorry for all those who were against it. For those in favor, enjoy the fruits of your decision. They're going to be rotten. How many promises has KR already broken? Go back and make a list. Then ask yourself why his behavior will change if the union is voted out. With ZERO chance of you ever having a union again, why will be suddenly fell the need to become a benevolent boss?

Vote carefully. This is your one shot.

I just had a furloughed Flops guys on my jumpseat. Filled him in on the goings on at Flex and his reply was ....”same old Ken Ricci.”.

Let me be crystal clear here. If you decertify you're done. Finished. SOL. There is NO union that will touch you ever again if that happens. You're only hope will be an in-house union which, I'm sorry to say, you simply don't have enough pilots to make it effective (unless you want to pay 10% of every paycheck in dues).

One of KR's big lies is that we at NJA decertified from 1108 and look how well we're doing now.
WRONG!!
We never decertified. We DISAFFILIATED. There's a whopper of a difference there. We never, not for one tiny second, were without a union. So when KR says look how well it worked out for us it's because WE HAVE A UNION! Always have. We NEVER went without a union for ANY period of time.

I worked for KR. He's a liar. Worse really, because most people who lie have at least a little remorse over doing so, feelings of regret they're not being honest. KR had no such moral compunction. He'll lie in person, with a straight face and a charismatic earnestness it's hard to deny, then turn around and bend you over using 80 grit sandpaper while laughing in your face about how stupid you are for having believed him.

By the way, this is a subject change, but I read somewhere earlier from an anti-union guy that union's protect the bad apples. Please remember, if you're a dues paying member the union MUST, by law, provide representation. Also, please note that a union isn't always there to keep you out of trouble. If you do something that clearly deserves punishment, more often than not the union isn't trying to keep that person out of trouble so much as insure punishment is applied uniformly to everyone. So if a FOK does something wrong and only gets a letter of warning, then if someone else who isn't a FOK does the same thing that person gets the same letter instead of a worse punishment. The union isn't necessarily about saving everyone's backside from their own wrongdoing.

At any rate, if the decert vote succeeds I truly feel sorry for all those who were against it. For those in favor, enjoy the fruits of your decision. They're going to be rotten. How many promises has KR already broken? Go back and make a list. Then ask yourself why his behavior will change if the union is voted out. With ZERO chance of you ever having a union again, why will be suddenly fell the need to become a benevolent boss?

Realityman, you are spot on. It’s amazing how Kenn, JW, JS, and RH ALL spout the same old spiel, “look at NetJets, they voted out the Teamsters and they did great.” But this as you said ithis s a disingenuous half truth on their part. Because NJ disaffiliated, they never decertified, which is a huge difference in comparison to what the decerters at Flexjet want. I couldn’t agree with you more, vote wisely because this is it. Stand or fall.

Here’s something I haven’t seen posted. Would any decert voter like to post the management proposals for the CBA that were better than or exceeded the union proposals? How about ones that were even close? This mgt team loves you. Surely, they had good things in mind and just couldn’t make the deal.

Lumpsum? Squawk? El raton? Where are you guys with all of the superior management proposals?

WRONG!!

Just have to agree with this. NO UNION WILL TOUCH YOU IF YOU DECERTIFY. You do it once and you will do it to the next union. Trust 2NN and you are SCREWED.

Lumpsum? Squawk? El raton? Where are you guys with all of the superior management proposals?

Here’s how the decert crowd will justify that. They will argue that the company doesn’t want a union and certainly doesn’t want to negotiate with one. Some of them, not most because they’d actually have to pay attention, will know that company trotted out the old contract ver batim and called it the merged contract. That was their proposal.

They willfully and intentionally failed to negotiate in good faith. Those aren’t my words but the findings of the NMB. That’s illegal btw. They intended to stall, force arbitration, and the worst contract possible and then blame it on the Teamsters while getting their decert campaign underway in earnest. Oh, btw, that’s illegal too. The company can’t sponsor it or interfere in anyway, and your a da*n fool if you think that union busting firm who’s listed on the filing is doing this pro bono or for a few pilots’ beer money.

And there you have the crux of the situation. Any means to an end. Safety, legality, ethics, employs welfare and lives be damned. That’s your mgt team’s philosophy. Bonus built around 8-9 + day rotations, aircraft utilization, hotel and mx costs? No hard days off? Pencil whipped maintenance? An emasculated training center? Pilot pushing? See and avoid BS? Illegal firings? And on, and on, and on. ANY MEANS TO AN END.

And that’s what you support if you’re after decert. No buh, buh, but’s from you. Everything I just posted happened, is happening and is going to keep happening and you KNOW it. For what? That $12M Bag of silver Ken is dangling before you if you’ll just get rid of his one impediment to his terrible management practices? What does that make you? A professional? No. Don’t even try to foist that nonsense on us.

So own it. Own your ignorance of what happened. Not a small amount of it was willful. Own that you are ok with an any means to an end methodology. Own that you’re ok with the illegalities. Here’s another query for the ill informed decert crowd. How many of the numerous lawsuits brought against Onesky by the 1108 were won by the company? No, really. I’m sure you kept up with it as closely as you kept up with the company’s contract proposals

I still have a ton of friends at FJ. Good people. I’m trying to get as many as possible out. Otherwise I’d just sit to the side with some popcorn and let the carnage ensue. But there are a lot of really good people who don’t want to leave for one reason or another who are about to get schwacked with this stupidity, and I’m not about to sit quietly and let that happen.

Last edited:
You cannot work for 2NN without a contract. Just by his body language alone you can tell he is dishonest, just like a used car salesman. Anyone backing him up for decert must be crazy.

Latest resources

Back