• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Something I have not seen posted.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I believe the context of “give me a year” a year was without involvement of a third party, whether one agrees or not.

I called one of the organizing committee members and asked when they started their campaign. It was January 2015. DAC bought us in December 2013, so there was a whole year before the campaign started. In that year we lost ALL of our accrued vacation, 3% of our 401k contributions and our STIP. But we gained out of seniority upgrades!:rolleyes: Kenn did have a full year with no Union and no organizing at Flexjet. And we lost ground the whole time. That's why the organizing campaign started AND why the majority voted for a Union.
Vote Yes IBT Airline Division!

I called one of the organizing committee members and asked when they started their campaign. It was January 2015. DAC bought us in December 2013, so there was a whole year before the campaign started. In that year we lost ALL of our accrued vacation, 3% of our 401k contributions and our STIP. But we gained out of seniority upgrades!:rolleyes: Kenn did have a full year with no Union and no organizing at Flexjet. And we lost ground the whole time. That's why the organizing campaign started AND why the majority voted for a Union.
Vote Yes IBT Airline Division!
Yes that is a fact and the vote was won on 15 December 2015. One of 2N's first moves(at start of his takeover) to show he was the boss was to tell us to sign a piece of paper and send it in within a week or our seniority would be gone. That says it all. IBT1108 will prevent acts of bravado from the boss. There was no need for him to force us to sign anything. It takes the "family" approach out out of the equation. Now I have to say the word family is being over used lately....is that supposed to make everyone feel secure? Remember you can't always trust some family members so why use the word!!!

Remember that he wanted to purchase Citation Air just prior to Flex but didn't want the Citation Air pilots. He easily could have kept them especially since he was preaching fantastic growth upcoming. BUT again if he had taken them there would NOT have been a revote on the union because the combined FO and CA group (which included furloughees) would have been more than the 65 percent requirement for a revote. He has had an agenda from the beginning of the Flex acquisition and it had nothing to do with the betterment of the Flexjet pilots. They HAVE ONLY BEEN PAWNS in his game against the union from day one. If you think he has your best interests at heart think again. It is all business with him as demonstrated by his recent termination of the FA. Who cares if they were given a great severance package? Is that what we want in 5-10 years if we vote out the union? An industry leading severance package especially if we only have a couple of years left till retirement? A secured contract which denotes how a furlough will occur is paramount when the economy crashes again (and it will) He will have to increase wages to attract pilots now in this market. Let's get it put into writing now in a contract. He has also let slip that he has 12 million waiting to be distributed to the pilot group. Great! He can still do that with in the guidelines of our contract which is always amenable with an loa. In fact that is a great talking point for the new mediator.

12 Million? Just to make the math easy, let's say we have 600 pilots. That comes out to $20,000 per pilot. I'm $40,000 underpaid, so he better be ready to fork that out every 6 months. The Gulfstream guys didn't get their $ 80,000 in bonus either, but then again they gambled with Kenn's pay scheme and lost. Buyer beware.

Last edited:
Just looked at a picture of 7 angry people with middle finger extended towards an IBT1108 van....what a class act! The union meeting was way more orderly and civil without animosity.....with many, many more than 7 but we are the thugs.
The picture only displays an agressive management style.

Last edited:
I believe the context of “give me a year” a year was without involvement of a third party, whether one agrees or not.

As others have pointed out CGF had a year before the campaign at Flexjet even started and look what they did with it.

As for the 2 1/2 years since the vote, if Mr. Ricci or management really wanted to prove we did not need the union or a contract they had many opportunities to show they are reasonable people only interested in the betterment of the entire company, pilots included. Instead they handled it almost the opposite of that message.

I'm not an anti-Ricci guy at all. I respect what he's done with his life and I'm grateful for the job and opportunities. However, I agree 110% as a professional my work should be honored with a contract the same way we have contracts with our owners and vendors. Why a union contract? Because Mr. Ricci himself, smart man that he is, said his entire business philosophy is to do what he wants, how he wants it and then let the detractors sue and have the courts figure it out. He has made a billion plus with this philosophy. He's good at it. You know who's not? Me. Sorry. I need someone who has the skillset, experience and deep pockets to protect me where I can't. I have medical insurance, car insurance, homeowners insurance etc... The IBT is career insurance.

While I am not anti-Ricci (the same way I'm not anti shark or anti bear) I have been completely let down by our management team. I am now strongly anti management. The daily RH rants have won more to the union's side than not. The latest where he feels the need to attack one of our own (in addition to violating some privacy concerns) was not just worrisome it was disgusting and pathetic. I sincerely hope regardless of the outcome Mr. Ricci is paying attention and will rectify the truly divisive elements that have reared it's ugly heads during the campaign. It might be too late to win my vote but I'd be impressed if Mr. Ricci immediately addressed this latest disgusting antic. It's just one of 100 from this repeat offender.

If the union wins and Mr. Ricci is looking for a scapegoat he need look no further than his management team, including certain instructors. The use of the bully pulpit and ranting style and tone of all management communications (including MS and JW) has been the biggest let down and eye opener of this entire ordeal.

What a mistake. Paint the union as thugs and we all expected it. Instead, we get pleasantly surprised when they're not. Then instead of being the kind benevolent management team we are promised if we vote no representation send out bullish, thugly communications, tactics and policy from your management team and we start to wonder why there's even a decert.

I thought these Ogletree Deakins busters were supposed to be professional and know what they're doing. I'm not impressed. I hope Mr. Ricci got some kind of guarantee for his millions.

Latest resources

Back