• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SLI. What's fair and equitable.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You've lost me with relative percentage and career expectations. Could you please show me where anyone wrote to you and promised you that? Because I never received the communication.

If you want to be literal...

I said 'SPOKE to'. As in my conversations with BJ, VF, AP, AA, SM, and KR, just to name a few.

As I said, shame on me for believing people I trusted.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. It was mostly the IBT and a large faction of FO pilots that wanted this merger to happen. We can talk about KR and inevitability all day long, but if the rumor of the vote being heavily yes on the FO side and no on the FJ side is true, and most think it is, then you made your own beds. The biggest concern by far on our side was the possibility of a seniority hose job because of the disparity between the two groups. We were promised again and again that would not happen and it would be fair and equitable as a whole, not just to some. Well guess what, it is! And now some people have the gall to complain that FJ didn't get hosed after all?! Give me a freakin break. And I didn't exactly make out like a bandit either. I'm a Captain at Flex, but down around 80% on the new list assuming most of the transfers go back to Options which of course they will. So I could easily end up as a Phenom fo or even furlough fodder if this thing goes south. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

If you want to be literal...

I said 'SPOKE to'. As in my conversations with BJ, VF, AP, AA, SM, and KR, just to name a few.

As I said, shame on me for believing people I trusted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doh View Post
Hmmm, on a doh list Flexjet number 151 and below would have been the bottom of the list. Is that the case??? Well there you have it, it's not a doh list.
Don't be so literal.

It's not a perfect DoH list sure by it sure as Hell isnt a relative integration in any way.

And explain why the FJ list was capped when the transfer guys came over? That's about 80 guys that adversely impact our percentages.

It's a DoH list. That isn't what anyone was told. It was the same as when KR says one thing and does another, a lie.

DOH results in Flexjet seniority number 151 through 299 being dead last on the list.
238 of 299 Flexjet pilots are within 5% of their relative position.
268 of 299 Flexjet pilots are within 10% of their relative position.
And you are telling me that this list is more DOH than relative position? No, just no.

Sooo... The FO pilots that interviewed for the large cabin and Red label positions, along with the Flex pilots for the same positions, out of seniority. Now with the new SLI only the FO pilots that took those positions will be punished but the FJ pilots that leap out of seniority will enjoy their seats. Sounds fair!! Funny No seats are shown on the SLI!

BE, the scope on the Options CBA specifically states that there is to be no seat or system flush. So yes, they get to keep their seats. The transfer pilots can keep their seats as well but they go to the bottom of the FJ seniority list which is exactly what RH and all were saying the entire time. I hope this helps.

Yep... I can keep my seat and go to the bottom of the list as punishment but my partner can enjoy his seat next to me and keep his number as he jumped over 50 numbers for the seat. THANK YOU! Can I have another!

Errr, but if you came over as a transfer you're at the bottom of the list now. So what changes if you stay in your seat?

Yep... I can keep my seat and go to the bottom of the list as punishment but my partner can enjoy his seat next to me and keep his number as he jumped over 50 numbers for the seat. THANK YOU! Can I have another!

You went to a different company - Flexjet - why do you think you deserve the best of both worlds? If you left and went to American, Delta, Southwest you would be at the bottom of the seniority list, so its the same at Flexjet, you left Options to go to FLexjet and hence have a low seniority number. You should consider yourself lucky that you are even given an opportunity to go back to Options and regain your seniority. How you think its fair that you jumped over pilots who have been at Flexjet for years with no thought to how that would effect them, but now whine that there are consequences to your actions.

Let me see if I understand this correctly. It was mostly the IBT and a large faction of FO pilots that wanted this merger to happen. We can talk about KR and inevitability all day long, but if the rumor of the vote being heavily yes on the FO side and no on the FJ side is true, and most think it is, then you made your own beds. The biggest concern by far on our side was the possibility of a seniority hose job because of the disparity between the two groups. We were promised again and again that would not happen and it would be fair and equitable as a whole, not just to some. Well guess what, it is! And now some people have the gall to complain that FJ didn't get hosed after all?! Give me a freakin break. And I didn't exactly make out like a bandit either. I'm a Captain at Flex, but down around 80% on the new list assuming most of the transfers go back to Options which of course they will. So I could easily end up as a Phenom fo or even furlough fodder if this thing goes south. Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit amphetamines.

In all fairness, you specifically complained many months ago about the poc telling you on yammer how much this was gonna suck if flexjer didn't unionize before the single carrier trigger was fired. I believe you specifically referred to it as a threat. Looks like they were right all along. Yet somehow I don't think this was the poetic justice they were looking for and doubt even more you'll take your ideas back.

Truth is we should have unionized flex a long long time ago and every single issue we are experiencing now is a result of letting everyone else make our decisions for us.

That being said, with a ********************ty SLI behind us, I am more pleased than ever we are unionized and know in the long run this is a better deal than Kenn Ricci would have given 75% of us over time. Maybe I'm being overly hopeful from the beers I've needed to get over my kick in the balls but I hope we can make this up with a better than Net jets mindset for the contract Kenn Ricci promised us was his vision in his documentary series.

I vote no one should walk out of negotiations with less than what they're making now regardless of seniority. That will calm a lot of bellies.

Am I happy? ******************** NO. But I wasn't happy the direction DAC was heading before the union came to town either. All in all, it's still a good thing we have IBT on the property.

Everyone needs to calm the ******************** down. Keep calm and OneSky on.

you should be at the bottom, you left to go there, I think you should thank your 6 coworkers for not putting you at the bottom.

Latest resources

Back