Skywest makes big order with options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey skywest whores,

First, you guys bent over and accepted the same pay for 50-99 seats. Then, 5 positions per aircraft will go to United furloughs (that part I agree with). Where do you guys benefit from this deal? I just don't understand. Also, if it weren't for unions, you guys wouldn't have half of what you do have. You guys really think you're the best, just how are you measuring that? Everyone else thinks you guys suck.

asacap said:
Hey skywest whores,

Then, 5 positions per aircraft will go to United furloughs (that part I agree with). Where do you guys benefit from this deal?

More airplanes means more jobs. That means we hire more pilots. We all move up the ladder. United furloughee's need jobs just like you and me. Why not hire them? I for one am happy we can hire at all, and to those UAL, CoEx or other pilots who choose to come over, welcome aboard!

Re: again...ummm yeah whatever

Sky-doggie said:
With regard to the jet for jobs issue. We are expanding our operation by bringing some furloughed United guys off the street.... IS ALPA providing these guys and gals jobs in this time of economic downturn? NO!
ALPA is providing these jobs. UAL's MEC successfully negotiated this as part of their concessionary TA. Skywest isn't providing jobs to the UAL furloughees because you're such a bunch of great guys.

Now you guys don't want to fly for United any more. Well good luck I hope ACA grows into an independent regional and you guys do great. What will be your payrate for your new A320s and 737s? I'll bet you guys will undercut Jetblue, southwest, United , Delta, or anyone you have to to get it off the ground.
So don't preach holier than though to me!
Since you know so many people at ACA, ask any one of them what happened when management asked for lowball rates for the new operation. Then come back and tell us all, smart guy.

I'm curious how long is your TA with ACA good for? How many years? Ours is 18 months so the future is uncertain for sure but your statement that without a unified front we have no chance is just wrong. We got no paycuts in our last TA! We have no pilots on furlough!

Again, go ask your buds at ACA. ACA's TA is dead. No United deal, therefore no concessions. Your rationalization of your TA is pretty lame. "No paycuts! We just agreed to fly everything up to 99 seats for the same rate!" Disingenuous semantics and nothing else.

asacap

Are you really a ASA Capt.??? but hey, at least we have the best looking FA's!!! Next time you are in SLC in your neat 70 seater I will take you to the Wasatch Brew Pub and then we can talk how great SkyWest is over a couple of cold ones. That is if you can hack the 3/2 beer?!?!? Fly safe and we will see you around(IAD, DCA, ATL, BOS.....)soon;)

Hey KFFA,

Yes, I'm really an ASA Captain. You are absolutely correct about the better looking flight attendants. I would love to hear about why skywest is so great since I can't think of anything other than the FA's. By the way, the beer is on me, you'll need to save your money.

Latest resources

Back