Skywest makes big order with options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bash on...

We make a temporary concession at one of the best, if not the best of the regionals and now we are the lowball leaders of the world.. what color is the sky in your world?
As for the comment about our weak nonunion status.. compare contracts and get back to me..
If you want to bash us do it for no pay to newhires until the aircraft checkride(they do get hotel).. not for our payscale..
Grow up!

Last edited:
It was all about expansion. The vote or "survey" was a perfect one----all of the FOs wanted expansion so they could get into the left seat and get some sort of a pay raise. The junior Captains wanted a line and a better lifestyle. Only the senior Capts saw this injustice and "voted" NO. The vote was supposedly 52% in favor, and the NEXT MORNING at 7am--they announced that they had come up with an agreement with UAL. (Those lawyers must have been up ALL night!!!!) But, management did say that they would "Discuss it" with them within 18 months, or about 1 year from now. I can bet you I know what management's response will be: "We HAVE TO stay at these rates to stay COMPETITIVE----we have already signed the contract and cannot go any higher...sorry---but, we are starting Saginaw, MI service from O'hare next week, and we will let you stay there for the 9 hour layover at a Crowne Plaza---not a Holiday Inn Select----for your enjoyment. Thank you."

Bye Bye--General Lee:cool: :rolleyes: ;) :p

As for the comment about our weak nonunion status.. compare contracts and get back to me..

You guys don't have a contract. You have a non-legally binding working agreement that can be torn up and burned at any time.

Um Yeah whatever......

We'll see what skywest pilots will vote for in the next TA. Hopefully the payrates will go up for >50 seat aircraft, or there will likely be union representation on the property. I think SkyWest management is well aware of this and will work with SAPA to come up with something both fair for the pilots and profitable for the company. They don't want to see ALPA or UPA at SkyWest. Many of the pilots don't want to either at this point. Many skywest pilots voted on this TA believing management that this was good for the long term growth of the company. The pilots at Skywest work very hard for the company to make it such an efficient and profitable operation and history has shown (30 years in business) that management and the pilots have always been able to work things out in-houseWe'll all know in about a year.......

Most of the comments on this board come from guys that probably did not get hired at Skywest at one time, so they will take any chance they can to take a low blow. I'm not saying life is perfect at skywest but most of the people here are pretty freakin happy to be here.

Skywest also has better pay rates and work rules than most of the regionals that have ALPA representation. So what does that tell you?

I find it funny that some A/hole from ASA would make any comments about skywest especially when they probably paid for their training several years ago to get their job! Talk about a whore! ASA can't even come close to our record of being on time!!!!!!! I bet our snack mix is better too!!!!! neener neener neeener!!!!

Last edited:
General Lee said:
It was all about expansion. The vote or "survey" was a perfect one----all of the FOs wanted expansion so they could get into the left seat and get some sort of a pay raise. The junior Captains wanted a line and a better lifestyle.

I may (actually will) be shot for saying this but I understand that sentiment completely. Look at the mins for the companies that are hiring (Southwest, JetBlue, AirTran, FedEx) - all require significant amount of PIC jet (or turboprop) time. What does 5000 hours of F.O. RJ time get you? Absolutely nothing - they won't even take your resume. Expansion gets you PIC time and a pay raise of 33% to 50%.

Armor on, bunker dug, awaiting incoming......... :)

Last edited:
46 driver,

whats up with the rumors of untied ditching you guys? the shi-*awqua pilots are singing the praises of your demise in the street like some dumb arab dancing around a plane wreck..

tell me its not true and untied hasn't got you guys twice now..

treetopflyer said:
46 driver,

whats up with the rumors of untied ditching you guys?

I wish that was the case. United won't let us go which is the problem. Until they either come out of bankruptcy or reject our contract (which is quite favorable to ACA), we are still flying for them. I am sure some of the other ACA guys will want to jump in on this.

Re: Um Yeah whatever......

Sky-doggie said:
ASA can't even come close to our record of being on time!!!!!!! I bet our snack mix is better too!!!!! neener neener neeener!!!!

It's not a company problem, it's an environment problem. (ATL)

Let's just hope that skywest doesn't use these lowball rates to try to steal any of ASA's ATL flying. Wouldn't want that stellar ontime performance of theirs to suffer, now would we?

Don't worry about ASA, I would think that the vast majority of SkyWest's new orders are to replace ACA in O'Hare and Dulles - with the same kinds of problems as in Atlanta :)

treetopflyer said:
46 driver,

whats up with the rumors of untied ditching you guys? the shi-*awqua pilots are singing the praises of your demise in the street like some dumb arab dancing around a plane wreck..

tell me its not true and untied hasn't got you guys twice now..

United ditching US (ACA)?????? Where have you been for the past 6 weeks.

Latest resources

Back