• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest makes big order with options

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
We'll see what skywest pilots will vote for in the next TA. Hopefully the payrates will go up for >50 seat aircraft, or there will likely be union representation on the property[/QUOTE

I'm not so sure these guys are smart enough. Just look at what they have done. They have such low opinions of themselves that they take it in the behind from managment and still think it's the greatest company in the world. I bet your managment laughs at you guys all day long. Rightfully so. Everyone is laughing at you guys. That is, until you take our jobs.

Wish in one hand and sheeeit in the other. Just don't be around me when you do. I'll read the outcome later........

Re: Um Yeah whatever......

Sky-doggie said:
We'll see what skywest pilots will vote for in the next TA. Hopefully the payrates will go up for >50 seat aircraft, or there will likely be union representation on the property. I think SkyWest management is well aware of this and will work with SAPA to come up with something both fair for the pilots and profitable for the company. They don't want to see ALPA or UPA at SkyWest. Many of the pilots don't want to either at this point. Many skywest pilots voted on this TA believing management that this was good for the long term growth of the company. The pilots at Skywest work very hard for the company to make it such an efficient and profitable operation and history has shown (30 years in business) that management and the pilots have always been able to work things out in-houseWe'll all know in about a year.......

Most of the comments on this board come from guys that probably did not get hired at Skywest at one time, so they will take any chance they can to take a low blow. I'm not saying life is perfect at skywest but most of the people here are pretty freakin happy to be here.

Skywest also has better pay rates and work rules than most of the regionals that have ALPA representation. So what does that tell you?

I find it funny that some A/hole from ASA would make any comments about skywest especially when they probably paid for their training several years ago to get their job! Talk about a whore! ASA can't even come close to our record of being on time!!!!!!! I bet our snack mix is better too!!!!! neener neener neeener!!!!

Your management doesn't want ALPA because they would actually have to NEGOTIATE with a unified front representing the pilots rather telling the pilots what to do. I know some of the guys who tried to start the union at Skywest. Now you have the jet for jobs issue and the pay freeze so "working in-house with management” is a myth.

As far as the comment of "low blows" from failed Skywest candidates. I can only speak for myself. I never interviewed at Skywest. We all respect Skywest and you run a good operation. But don't forget, Comair, ASA, CHQ(they stood up against Republic), and ACA are good operations as well. We all work hard to make our companies profitable. Bragging about your on-time performance is not going to earn the respect of pilots who fly out of ORD, BOS, STL, ATL or any other domiciles east of the Mississippi. We've been through this before. ASA deals with some of the worst WX in the Unites States.

Now that we know the reasons behind Skywest growth, I guess the "Holy than art thou" attitude will be a two edge sword.

House X,

Well said. Unfortunately we have too many pilots at SkyWest who think that we are somehow special or unique and that the rules of the airline industry don't apply to us. Yes, SkyWest is great place to work and yes for the most part it is well run. But we are just another airline like ASA, Comair, etc. Oh wait, there is a difference. The pilot group at SkyWest is the most uninformed, ununified and naive pilot group in the industry. I'm sorry to be bashing on my fellow pilots. But after reading some of the posts on this thread, frankly I'm embarassed.

again...ummm yeah whatever

House_X

With regard to the jet for jobs issue. We are expanding our operation by bringing some furloughed United guys off the street. I am glad for those people, to be able to go back to work.

IS ALPA providing these guys and gals jobs in this time of economic downturn? NO! Is United going to bring these guys back any time soon? NO!

So to say that we (SkyWest pilots)as a group are screwing everybody else is totally ridiculous. United is paying those pilots the difference between first and second year pay for an FO, and only 5 united pilots per 70 seat jet are to be hired and that does not necessarily mean they will be flying the 70 seaters. None of them will be in the left seat right away. Where is ALPA on this one? I don't see them calling for a strike at United to stop this horrible injustice! We do work with our management here and to my knowledge no skywest pilot has been furloughed in the last 2 years.

What did ALPA get for the ACA pilots in your last TA? I have friends there and ACA pilots voted for a paycut to keep their jobs. How many pilots are on furlough at ACA?
Now you guys don't want to fly for United any more. Well good luck I hope ACA grows into an independent regional and you guys do great. What will be your payrate for your new A320s and 737s? I'll bet you guys will undercut Jetblue, southwest, United , Delta, or anyone you have to to get it off the ground.
So don't preach holier than though to me!

I know at least 20 pilots there and I'm pulling for you! I'm curious how long is your TA with ACA good for? How many years? Ours is 18 months so the future is uncertain for sure but your statement that without a unified front we have no chance is just wrong. We got no paycuts in our last TA! We have no pilots on furlough! Are you guys that much better off than us right now because you have a union I seriously doubt it!
Unfortunatly ALPA is a toothless tiger right now. I'm not opposed to the idea of unions. All I'm saying is so far skywest has not needed a union to solve our problems here.

In case you all have not noticed? Look at our route map....we fly all over the country so to say that we are on time only because we are in sunny california is just not true.

I'm just sick of hearing about how we (Skywest pilots) screwed the airline industry by voting on our 18 month TA which I believe will only help us in the future. Like I said earlier the future is yet to be seen. We may reach a point where we have no other choice but to organize. But that time has yet to come......

:p

Last edited:
Re: Um Yeah whatever......

Sky-doggie said:
Skywest also has better pay rates and work rules than most of the regionals that have ALPA representation. So what does that tell you?

That tells us that you are a bunch of leaches. The Union pilots out there fight the fight like we did with our strike, and you guys reap the benifits. Kinda like the French during WW2.

Where do you think you would be if you did not have UNIONIZED pilot groups fighting for better contracts. Your mgt. GIVES you what you have because WE fought for it.

Get a clue.

I sure as heck didn't want this same pay rate schedule, but in a perverse way I am kind of glad it happened. Many of my myopic brethern wanted to give management breathing room that I didn't believe they needed. That sets the stage for about a year from now. I have to believe management will only offer a token raise. Hopefully that will be the inducement many on the fence in reference to union representation need. I say sorry to those out there who feel we wronged them. That said I still have a hard time taking guff from someone who bought their job.

Sky - doggie

After reading your post I felt compelled to correct you. United are not paying new hire furloughed United pilots the difference between first and second year pay - YOU ARE!! All the concessions that you agreed on are being passed directly to mother United. These furloughed pilots must be better than you or I. Why not go the extra mile and and help United further. The next time you get paid, why don't you just find a furloughed UAL pilot at Skywest and cut them a check for the pay difference.
Don,t forget to grovel.

ummm, what's a raise??? It's been so long I forgot. I can't wait
till our EAS contracts expire and the government realizes that STL
isn't a hub anymore (THANKS AMERICAN!). Boy, will the peanutbutter get in the fan then! Hey, maybe Eagle will come get
their junkstreams back!!!

Ha....hahaha!

Latest resources

Back