Skywest losses IAH COEX flying

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sstearns2

Just posted on the Skywest sites. It's not a major deal for the airline as it's only about 80 out of 1900+ pilots, but it's a real bummer for everyone working down there. Flying goes to Colgan flying Saabs.

Scott

They get paid too much!

They get paid too much!

I didn't know the contract was up or I would have put together a plan using some "retired" school busses driven by "guest" workers from south of the border to distribute those texas pax.

sstearns2 said:
Just posted on the Skywest sites. It's not a major deal for the airline as it's only about 80 out of 1900+ pilots, but it's a real bummer for everyone working down there. Flying goes to Colgan flying Saabs.

Scott

Hey Jackass, why do you have to post private info on a public site. Let management announce the stuff publicly before you blab. This is why management is so tight lipped in disseminating material.

Skaff said:
Hey Jackass, why do you have to post private info on a public site. Let management announce the stuff publicly before you blab. This is why management is so tight lipped in disseminating material.

Who cares? When I worked for Atlantic Coast, I used to get pissed because I'd find better information about the company in the trade mags than I would in the "internal" daily briefings.

I can't remember if SkyWest is publicly traded or not, but with so much emphasis being placed on insider trading these days, if you're going to mass disseminate information to your employees, you pretty much have to disseminate it publicly as well. Otherwise, if it was found that employees dumped a bunch of stock after an "internal" memo was mass dissminated, the company would be in hot water.

Skaff said:

It can't be that secret since the folks at XJet saw it coming. You make it sound as if you guys secret agents or something.

Nothing WAS Announced on OUR WEB SITE! Your the first one I heard it from. It's funny how they awarded 8 new upgrades and announced a new airport.

Rumor has it that CAL was not happy with Skywest. The performance was not what had been expected. We at XJT begain noticing that we were get flying back that had gone to Skywest. Example: SJT, CLL, Texarkana. I also spoke with a ramper that told me that SKYW was leaving lots of people and bags behind due to performance limitations.

I don't know how true it is that Skywest is going away, but that's what's floating around here. The U.S.A Today article last week also talked about opening up turboprop flying for bid.

Last edited:
hotwing said:
How did you guys at XJT see it coming? I am curious?

Who knows how the talking starts but I'd heard that Skywest was losing the IAH flying for a few weeks now from both pilots and instructors.

Im sure colgan and the PFT hommies will show you what a airline should look like. The Pay-for-training crowd was able to underbid the nopay-for-training folks at SKYW. The race to the bottom continues- no end in site.

Enjoy!

Latest resources

Back