• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was told by a United captain that the first 30 go to Mesa and since United get better finance than Mesa they financed the aircraft and the rest will go to Skywest on a 2/1 replacement and Skywest will finance their own planes,

everyone is following Delta on this small RJ replacement plan

With no pilots to fly them we r not giving up a thing. It's time for Skyw and xjet pilots to work together and go for the brass ring. But the mecs and sapa can't see beyond the integration fight. The pilot groups need to show the company that one union, one list, or not, we r going to work together to raise the bar.

There will NEVER be an intigration of SkyWest and ExpressJet. The sooner you give up that fight and focus on your own problem, the better off you'll be.

Brad's memo basically said lack of labor contracts is holding us back. Expressjet does not know their future costs.

However, the last update from the union regarding the agreement on PBS and the acceleration on negotiations seemed positive
If you haven't heard the "Deal me an Ace" story, search and learn the truth. We were told "you don't have to worry about the CR7, we dont even have them on the property", less than 6 hours after the pay vote ended, big announcement for the CR7 flying.

I was told by a United captain that the first 30 go to Mesa and since United get better finance than Mesa they financed the aircraft and the rest will go to Skywest on a 2/1 replacement and Skywest will finance their own planes,

everyone is following Delta on this small RJ replacement plan

The contract on the 40 E175's are not tied to "200's leaving". United has the option when the contract on our 200 flying ends to not renew it.. So growth for now.. But SkyWest is good at Prorate flying. So i see maybe a small reduction. Not a 2-1..

The MRJs are still coming, but I guess everyone will refuse to believe it until the year 2017 rolls around. This makes 200 firm orders and 200 options for future deliveries.

The MRJ's are still over the MGTW limit as specified by all legacy scope clauses.

Just what we needed...More E-175s flown by new-hires at $23.00/hour. Legacies are going to be trunk routes and int'l only in another 10 years, and there will be NO shortage of pilots to go fly them...And, a continued sad procession of young people thinking they will get one of those coveted seats...Pilots are so dumb...And, Yes, I was dumb enough to believe you could actually make a living at a regional...

Latest resources

Back