• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just what we needed...More E-175s flown by new-hires at $23.00/hour. Legacies are going to be trunk routes and int'l only in another 10 years, and there will be NO shortage of pilots to go fly them...And, a continued sad procession of young people thinking they will get one of those coveted seats...Pilots are so dumb...And, Yes, I was dumb enough to believe you could actually make a living at a regional...

I tend to agree with you with the full knowledge SkyWest is not making this transaction in a vacuum but with the blessings of the powers that be. It took me three years at a regional 15 years ago to figure out how this scam works. Yes we were all suckers at some point, but some of us learn faster than others. Good luck!

Nobody is talking about return conditions on the 200 leases? 200 airplanes at $5 million each for LLP's and engines is 1 Billion dollars? Alternatively, why put any money into an airplane nobody will lease? Why isn't this a huge problem?

Because, that's reality and no one on here wants to face that. Their stuck on, " my fee for departure airline is better than yours". Obviously, shiny jet syndrome is alive and well. Unfortunately, I think we've already lost it. Those who stand for nothing, will fall for anything.

Nobody is talking about return conditions on the 200 leases? 200 airplanes at $5 million each for LLP's and engines is 1 Billion dollars? Alternatively, why put any money into an airplane nobody will lease? Why isn't this a huge problem?

SKW just went through a big UA 200's MX engine overhaul. On UA's dime. I see the SKW 200's staying longer then the XJT 135/145's...

SKW just went through a big UA 200's MX engine overhaul. On UA's dime. I see the SKW 200's staying longer then the XJT 135/145's...

Doubt it, united knows what a peice of crap they are, the 200 will go first. The last 50 seater to leave will be the 145 XR. That, you can bank on.

Doubt it, united knows what a peice of crap they are, the 200 will go first. The last 50 seater to leave will be the 145 XR. That, you can bank on.

I agree with the XR.. But you may want to check you fleet/lease/end of contract numbers. Pretty high for 2014-2016 on the XJT side.. Not to mention UA is now at it's max scope limit..

Of these 200 aircraft, 40 go to OO for UA starting April 2014 and commencing August 2015. No firm CPA at this moment for EV. I'm sure Nevets will explain the first rights of refusal to us all again.

What is it you don't understand about it? Honestly?

I'm sure they know where these planes will go. They'll use them as a carrot in negotiations along the way, as they always have. The problem is the lxjt guys don't know how our mgmt works and they will get suckered in.

This is exactly what I said. As for not knowing how our management works, it's pretty transparent to me.

I mean no ill-will and this is strictly an opinion, but the facts are starting to finally show themselves. ExpressJet may have been able to stop Inc from reallocating the aircraft that are already operating, but they can't do a thing to stop Inc from allocating new aircraft wherever they want. The future is more than likely going to be a whittled down ExpressJet and a larger, more diverse SkyWest.

This has been a known loophole for a long time now. Nothing stops them from entering new CPAs with new aircraft. Tell us something we don't already know.

Unless those planes replace e145s, and the tpa didn't gut the lxjt CPA like it did the lasa CPA.

What?

There will NEVER be an intigration of SkyWest and ExpressJet. The sooner you give up that fight and focus on your own problem, the better off you'll be.

Thanks for that JA. Please tell us all how else you feel.

Hopefully this will wake up the idiots at lxj. We'll do it with out you.... I have had enough of your BS.

Funny how as soon as your NC chair was removed, the MECs came to an agreement. So who are the idiots?

Wake up lxj, Sky West is going to take your flying and tell you can come fly for them as a new hire or get furloughed. I hate to say it, but they have had enough. I keep hearing this on the ASA side.

I agree. We either take a concessionary contract or the aircraft are going to Skywest.

Guys and Gals the only reason I posted this, is when I was in upgrade in Dec. I heard the new VP flt-ops and T say this first hand. They and (OX) were tired of the BS, and remember one of them was your XJ guy.

What does Mesaba have to do with the price of tea in china?

Don't be so naive. They are telling us the same thing about you guys.

Yes, especially since you are way more cost competitive. I would guess that all but the 104 XRs will be parked as the leases expire.

Last edited:
They always manage to find pilots. They have almost a full year to start getting them into property. Lately I fly with a lot ex-something pilots. From corporate outfits, ex-regional guys, ex-flight instructors... etc... Finding pilots to staff on this time frame will be no problem.

But if mainline starts opening the hiring flood gates... well... that will be more challenging.

BTW we are fat in pilots right now.

Nevets..The whole XJT "first right of refusal" is a scam.. UA is scoped out now.. Look at airplanes comming off contract at all UAExpress airlines... It will suprise you...

Nevets..The whole XJT "first right of refusal" is a scam.. UA is scoped out now.. Look at airplanes comming off contract at all UAExpress airlines... It will suprise you...

It's not a scam at all. It all makes perfect sense and is working according to plan. Inc orders 100 175s and immediately announces 40 of them going to Skywest with the first delivery in April 14 (about 11 months from now). Simultaneously, each COO delivers messages to their pilots with the announcement and the whipsaw. One COO tells his pilots that they need a cost competitive contract in order to have aircraft allocated to them. The other COO tells their pilots that its up to them to make these 40 replacement or growth aircraft. Sometime in the future, UAL will give XJT the first right of refusal to replace the 145s and either XJT matches it and the 40 175s at Skywest are replacement aircraft OR XJT isn't able to match Skywest's bid and they get the rest of them and thus UAL parks the 145s while Skywest get all the growth.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back