SkyWest, Inc. announces E175 orders

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Skills.jpg

They are gonna need to find some skilled pilots.

Just what we needed...More E-175s flown by new-hires at $23.00/hour. Legacies are going to be trunk routes and int'l only in another 10 years, and there will be NO shortage of pilots to go fly them...And, a continued sad procession of young people thinking they will get one of those coveted seats...Pilots are so dumb...And, Yes, I was dumb enough to believe you could actually make a living at a regional...

I'd love to see where they will get all of these pilots - especially the "experienced" Captains to fly the E175s and the MRJs. Again, the legacies will be ramping up big time in the next 2-5 years and I imagine many Skywest pilots (among the various regionals) will be leaving to go to UAL, Delta, AA and a few of the expanding LCCs. Should be interesting to watch.

I'd love to see where they will get all of these pilots - especially the "experienced" Captains to fly the E175s and the MRJs. Again, the legacies will be ramping up big time in the next 2-5 years and I imagine many Skywest pilots (among the various regionals) will be leaving to go to UAL, Delta, AA and a few of the expanding LCCs. Should be interesting to watch.

^still waiting to watch that. It's been 16 years in the industry for me. Would be nice to see it atleast back to how it was in the late 90's... But my hopes are not to high yet.. There are less airlines to apply to now then back then...

There will NEVER be an intigration of SkyWest and ExpressJet. The sooner you give up that fight and focus on your own problem, the better off you'll be.

I'm not saying to integrate xjt with Skywest. I'm saying all three pilot groups should work together to further our profession.

Hopefully this will wake up the idiots at lxj. We'll do it with out you.... I have had enough of your BS.

Wake up lxj, Sky West is going to take your flying and tell you can come fly for them as a new hire or get furloughed. I hate to say it, but they have had enough. I keep hearing this on the ASA side.

There will NEVER be an intigration of SkyWest and ExpressJet. The sooner you give up that fight and focus on your own problem, the better off you'll be.

This ^ is the mentality that the latter day saint squids cultivate and love. idiots like this influence some people but most can see the forest for the trees.
As much as they think sky pest controls their mainline partner, the reality is they have no idea of what's happening on the month to month market. This may seem like a windfall for sky pest, the 170's will replace the 200's as their leases come due. As a pilot, flying the 170 and desiring to fly for mainline, I would be concerned about getting hired by the mainline partner who wants those aircraft sufficiently staffed. If you're a lifer than it behooves you to get the best pay and work rules you can negotiate and that takes a unified work force with common goals not divisive infighting pitted against one another.
The few dispatchers slinging Saint George rhetoric on this forum have nothing to lose but the thousands of pilots on here do.

Good point

This ^ is the mentality that the latter day saint squids cultivate and love. idiots like this influence some people but most can see the forest for the trees.
As much as they think sky pest controls their mainline partner, the reality is they have no idea of what's happening on the month to month market. This may seem like a windfall for sky pest, the 170's will replace the 200's as their leases come due. As a pilot, flying the 170 and desiring to fly for mainline, I would be concerned about getting hired by the mainline partner who wants those aircraft sufficiently staffed. If you're a lifer than it behooves you to get the best pay and work rules you can negotiate and that takes a unified work force with common goals not divisive infighting pitted against one another.
The few dispatchers slinging Saint George rhetoric on this forum have nothing to lose but the thousands of pilots on here do.

Nobody is talking about return conditions on the 200 leases? 200 airplanes at $5 million each for LLP's and engines is 1 Billion dollars? Alternatively, why put any money into an airplane nobody will lease? Why isn't this a huge problem?

Guys and Gals the only reason I posted this, is when I was in upgrade in Dec. I heard the new VP flt-ops and T say this first hand. They and (OX) were tired of the BS, and remember one of them was your XJ guy.

Latest resources

Back