skywest hired or not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

wornout

For those people who have interviewed at skywest, how long did it take to get the letter saying you were hired? Also, if you got rejected did they send you a letter for that or just not let you know?

The reason I ask is because I emailed three guys I interviewed with and one got a fedex package saying he was hired, one got a phone call, and the other one, like me, recieved nothing.

They ussually send a letter if it is bad news. It took almost 2 weeks for me to get the letter. Good luck and best wishes.

When I interviewed (7 years ago) they told me; "If we want you... we'll call you. If we don't... you'll get a letter".

Ten days later I got a letter. The letter said; "Congrats, you're hired".

I'm don't think notifications are the same for everyone. The only thing you can count on is a letter if you DON'T get it. They won't call you to say; "No thanks".

FedEx package, you got the job. A letter, re-apply in 6 months.
It took about 10 days or so for me to get the purple package.
good luck

Nothing? try calling. I called after a little over 2 weeks and the response was: ".....hmmm..... ok there you are, I'll send a fedex packet right out".

They're doing a ton of hiring (as I'm sure you already know), and as a result, I think HR is just swamped. Don't run around bugging them, but I figure if they exceed the time they said they'd contact you in by more than 50%, you should be alright to call.

In 2002 I got a Fedex package, then a week later the no thanks letter. When I called to ask about it they said "welcome aboard", then 2 months later (they had stopped training for awhile), I got an email saying "never mind we decided not to hire you after all".

I have doubts that their hiring dept. has it all together.

If they had their doubts, they should have never extended an offer to eddie to begin with. Offering a job and rescinding the offer twice is very
unprofessional.

agreed, but the do do research after the interview, and things can surface that would change the picture. I'm not saying that is what happened here, but it happens.

Well, I didn't mean to start a debate.

They told me the letter was sent by mistake. I thought the email was in poor taste. After being offered a position, I expected at least a letter if they changed their mind. Also, they never conducted a background check.

SkyNation, obviously you are right, they decided not to hire me. I wasn't offered an explanation, so I will never be able to explain why. The point of my post was that the hiring department at Skywest is not always on top of their game. They sure weren't when dealing with me.

Latest resources

Back