• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest hired or not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
During the technical questions I answered a fair amount of "I dont know." But the guy who asked me those questions was the last guy I talked to before the end of the day and I shook his hand and said thanks and he replied, "we'll see you on the line." Well they gave me the rejection letter 9 days later.

I once had an interviewer ask me a really basic 121 question that I answered correctly.
She said "wrong, you need to know this stuff better!!!"

Got the job, but to this day, I don't know if she was an idiot, or trying to test me under duress.

I know a guy who was asked about the CRJ windshear escape maneuver procedures on his interview. Mind you, the interviewee had a GA/CFI background and had never flown a transport-category airplane before. He said he had no idea and the interviewer asked him to give it his best guess anyway!!!!

Yes, this was at SKYW, but it was 4 years ago and was probably limited to this one particular interviewer.

The guy didn't get the job. Makes me wonder if they decide to ask that type of questions once they've decided not to hire the candidate.

Baze,
You say you fly for Alaska.
So, can you explain how come you consider CRJ a transport category airplane?
Just curious.
Thanks,
Bunny

I think FlyBunny was just trying to be a smartass. I definitely detected a "tone" in his question to me.

When it comes right down to it, the guys that get the job are happy and the guys that don't get the job blame it on the interviewer. When I got hired, they said that they wanted to figure out if they could stand flying a four day trip with you. Well, if you answered every thing right, aced the sim and did great on the CRM, maybe they just didn't like you. It is unfortunate when a tool makes it through the interview process just because they studied hard.

Well, I didn't mean to start a debate.

They told me the letter was sent by mistake. I thought the email was in poor taste. After being offered a position, I expected at least a letter if they changed their mind. Also, they never conducted a background check.

SkyNation, obviously you are right, they decided not to hire me. I wasn't offered an explanation, so I will never be able to explain why. The point of my post was that the hiring department at Skywest is not always on top of their game. They sure weren't when dealing with me.

I bet you didn't pass the background check. Have you ever pissed anybody off in the industry. If online pilots go out of their way to talk to the HR team and tell them you shouldn't be hired, that's pretty much it.

Latest resources

Back