• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

skywest hired or not

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dude, the letter sucks. Just work hard and learn the pack system on the RJ. That was one of my questions and I have 0 RJ time and never talken a turbine sytems course. Oh, well, I am just studying and going to get it right on the next try.

Dude, the letter sucks. Just work hard and learn the pack system on the RJ. That was one of my questions and I have 0 RJ time and never talken a turbine sytems course. Oh, well, I am just studying and going to get it right on the next try.

This does not sound right at all...

They do not ask you systems about airplanes you have never flown, especially if you have a non-turbine background. I suppose they might ask you some general questions about packs to see if you had looked at the Turbine Pilot Flight Manual, but they should not have asked RJ-specific stuff.

If they really did this, sounds like they screwed up and got you confused with a CRJ driver from another airline. You might want to call recruiting and explain what happened.

I know a guy who was asked about the CRJ windshear escape maneuver procedures on his interview. Mind you, the interviewee had a GA/CFI background and had never flown a transport-category airplane before. He said he had no idea and the interviewer asked him to give it his best guess anyway!!!!

Yes, this was at SKYW, but it was 4 years ago and was probably limited to this one particular interviewer.

The guy didn't get the job. Makes me wonder if they decide to ask that type of questions once they've decided not to hire the candidate.

Rick,
Yeah man, I got asked that question, with another one on the ACM, flashpoint, what does the temp do when you add fuel.

How does skywest want you to determine that you have your 1/2 mile or 2400 rvr when you are at DH??
I answered: Look at runway markings, runway remaining signs (if you can see 3 you have 3,000 ft), if you can see the whole precision ALS then you have 2,400 ft, if the runways is 12,000 ft long and you can see 1/2 of it you have you have your distance.
The interviewer said, "what about centerline lights? How far apart are they?"
I said, "They are 200 feet apart. I think that the other ways of determining the distance (as stated above) are better ways, but it could work. It could be tough to count 12 cntrlne lights at 100 above tdze going 135 knots." By the time I count all 12 the captain would be contacting ground.

Also, I was asked what SDL is? I had no clue but I know what SLD (supercooled liquid droplets), he changed the letters when he asked it. I could not follow, he never changed the letters back.

Everything else was cake, I got 95-100 on both writtens and CRM and sim where great. There was 1 person in our group that was one of those MESA 250 hour RJ wonders. Maybe the interviewer got us mixed up.

I am not pissed about anything that skywest did but I was not impressed with the interview. It they were quite hostile during the tech. One of my buddies got offered the job and turned it down due to the way his interview went.

The interview was the first thing that has not been wonderful about SkyWest, I really like the people, a/c and envirnment. The people that were in class were great and really excited to see people interviewing to get people below them.

I have sent Camielle emails and tried to call her but she has not gotten back to me and it has been over 1 month. I guess I have 5 months left. The RJ systems will be known by the next time around.

Sometime life throws you a curveball.

For those who were hired. Was the FedEx letter overnight or 2nd Day or Express saver? Thanks-

The interview was the first thing that has not been wonderful about SkyWest, I really like the people, a/c and envirnment. The people that were in class were great and really excited to see people interviewing to get people below them.

NW, that is always the case. A new guy is cushion to get them off the bottom.

Sorry to hear that you got the dreaded letter but there plenty more out there hiring. Keep the resume out there and take it as a learning experience. You seem like you have a good handle on the game but sometimes, you just get a guy who doesn't like you.

My first interview at the airline I perferred to go to, I bombed on. Was offered the next two jobs I interviewed for. Went to work and came back to my airline of choice after about a year. Interview was cake that time as was the sim that time around.

Try and find a place that you don't have to commute to. It sucks!

Rick,
Yeah man, I got asked that question, with another one on the ACM, flashpoint, what does the temp do when you add fuel.

How does skywest want you to determine that you have your 1/2 mile or 2400 rvr when you are at DH??
I answered: Look at runway markings, runway remaining signs (if you can see 3 you have 3,000 ft), if you can see the whole precision ALS then you have 2,400 ft, if the runways is 12,000 ft long and you can see 1/2 of it you have you have your distance.
The interviewer said, "what about centerline lights? How far apart are they?"
I said, "They are 200 feet apart. I think that the other ways of determining the distance (as stated above) are better ways, but it could work. It could be tough to count 12 cntrlne lights at 100 above tdze going 135 knots." By the time I count all 12 the captain would be contacting ground.

Also, I was asked what SDL is? I had no clue but I know what SLD (supercooled liquid droplets), he changed the letters when he asked it. I could not follow, he never changed the letters back.

Everything else was cake, I got 95-100 on both writtens and CRM and sim where great. There was 1 person in our group that was one of those MESA 250 hour RJ wonders. Maybe the interviewer got us mixed up.

I am not pissed about anything that skywest did but I was not impressed with the interview. It they were quite hostile during the tech. One of my buddies got offered the job and turned it down due to the way his interview went.

I have sent Camielle emails and tried to call her but she has not gotten back to me and it has been over 1 month. I guess I have 5 months left. The RJ systems will be known by the next time around.

Sometime life throws you a curveball.

Really wierd...sounds like you got the 121/CRJ interview. Maybe they did get you mixed up with mesa...

The SkyWest technical interview was one of the most surreal experiences of my short life. My background was 121, yet the depth of that knowledge was not plumbed in the slightest. Part 121 requirements are generally more complex for a given subject, but was instead asked about part 91 requirements. Wasn't asked in depth systems questions, but was asked obscure weather product minutiae. I felt like I got the CFI interview. Every question was pressed to the horizon of my knowledge, and I had to eventually cry "uncle" and say "I don't know." Over and over again. Felt about 3 inches tall after that ordeal. I got the impression the interviewer didn't know the answer to some of his questions. Had me convinced I was wrong on a subject, then when I looked it up I was right anyway. It was all incongrous, cause I know some world-class idiots that have made it through the SkyWest process. I've finally made peace with it, however, deciding it was less of a knowledge evaluation and more of a stress test mindfuhk.

I think they do this on purpose to test your personality and ability to handle stress........I'm 99.9% sure that they know exactly who they're interviewing, and know exactly what they're going to ask them before they get into the room. I came from a CFI background and was asked RJ questions, turbine questions and questions about what I was currently flying. I said "I'm not sure and I don't know" quite a bit and still got the job.....who knows what they're looking for........just get as much experience as you can in the next 5 months and try again. Someone else also said it, but they're looking for people who want to be here...not people who think they should be here.....

Latest resources

Back