• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Growth/Movement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stupid company making money......not paying you your fair share....you should call your sapa rep and demand a raise.....don't let anyone else know your practically flying for free(thats frowned upon around here). you should call your flight instructor and tell him you're not making the six figures he promised you'd be making your first year. $20 / hour! How can you afford those cool sunglasses and all the dippity doo for you hair....oh well at least you can tell everybody your a pilot!

Yeah the sunglasses are pretty cool!!!

Geez only 1 billion in the bank buy the end of the year... Sounds like Skywest is hitting rock bottom... I guess that puts them out of the running for the Midwest purchase... Looks like the Skywest Inc. family will be surviving on Ramen Noodles for a while!

what about the LDS tithe, is that in there?

if they make so much money why do they fly 70+ seaters for 50 seat wages? where is ASA's contract?

1 billion in the bank is a waste of capital.

Yeah....Airtran loves 50 seat lift. Just look at their Air Wisconsin experiment.

Are you refering to the 30 aircraft that has already been awarded to PCL (16) and Mesa (14)? I don't believe there is room in the Delta scope clause for more -900's beyond the Comair, PCL, and Mesa birds still to be delivered.

I dont know anything about how many aircraft are allowed by delta, but I do believe Pinnacle will end up with somewhere around 30 900's

The 30 900s comment came from JA's mouth while I was in recurrent! He also stated that AirTran offered Midwest WAY more than what he had in mind for his offer, and that the shareholders of Midwest would be crazy to not let AT buy them. Straight facts from the man.

The 30 900s comment came from JA's mouth while I was in recurrent! He also stated that AirTran offered Midwest WAY more than what he had in mind for his offer, and that the shareholders of Midwest would be crazy to not let AT buy them. Straight facts from the man.

Wow....you actually believe the crap that comes out of your executives mouths? How does the Koolaide taste?

What would Skywest do with ALPA on the property anyway?

Skywest does'nt have there own Res system... They use Delta's and United's... Buying Midwest they would have there own low cost carrier with the Res system already installed... All they would have to do is slap the "INC" on the end of it and it does'nt affect there flying with Delta and United! Makes perfect sense to me seeing they want to continue to grow!

And you think United and Delta would be peachy happy that one of their feed partners owning a "direct competition carrier"?

I seriously doubt it.

SKW is smart enough to not bite the hand that feeds them......

ps. unless it was just too good of a deal. kinda like asa, and we all know how that turned out...

You guys are hilarious ............. You actually think that Delta doesn't know that both PCL and MESA can't staff what they already have on their plates?
How many flights did MESA canx last month? How many did PCL canx?
I wouldn't be surprised if DAL rethought who was getting what. Oh yeah, it doesn't matter if the BK judge awarded it, they'll go back and tell him it can't be staffed by those 2 airlines and suddenly SkyWest will be off and running again!

Latest resources

Back