Skywest Growth/Movement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Positive Rate

So the last scheduled CRJ delivery.....is this Oct. ......So I m guessing the growth and movement(other than attrition) is going to slow down........Anyone have any news or insight?

Airtran will buy Midwest and buy out the Midwest contract with Skywest? Leaving negative growth and too many pilots?

Skywest feeding Midwest....

Looks to me like Skywest only flies one route for Midwest- From MCI to MKE. Am I missing something? Doesn't look like a huge impact if they only lose one route.
-J

yeah, you're missing a lot. MKE is a domicile with several destinations. if airtran buys midwest, contract is still in place. skyw has been talking with airtran about the purchase as well--the flying won't go away, it might actually increase. 30 DL 900s up for bid this fall...we'll obviously bid on those and see what happens.

Midwest is like 10 airplanes, if we lost that then we might get back up to speed on staffing. It will be fine.

We still have fairly high attrition due to other airlines hiring and others are just tired of the direction this company is going. Combine that with less people willing to sit in SLC for 6 weeks for 19.02 an hr., and staffing is becoming a real issue.

We can't get or keep rampers, CS, or other laborers. There are tons of forums where people are complaining about pay and being overworked. Yet, management is doing nothing.

Oh yea, don't forget all the scandals going on in the good ole' boys club known as SAPA.

Midwest is like 10 airplanes, if we lost that then we might get back up to speed on staffing. It will be fine.

We still have fairly high attrition due to other airlines hiring and others are just tired of the direction this company is going. Combine that with less people willing to sit in SLC for 6 weeks for 19.02 an hr., and staffing is becoming a real issue.

We can't get or keep rampers, CS, or other laborers. There are tons of forums where people are complaining about pay and being overworked. Yet, management is doing nothing.

Oh yea, don't forget all the scandals going on in the good ole' boys club known as SAPA.

Are you sure your not talking about ASA?? I thought we were the only ones with major problems??

SkyWest has 15 in service with Midwest and can be awarded 10 more in Sept. Mesa, soon imploding, keeps giving up UA flying which ends up in open time. When in the past 30 years hasn't SkyWest been growing?

the problems of growth, staffing, filling classes, etc. are not unique to skywest. it is a symptom of the current environment affecting the whole industry.

upgrade classes are scheduled through the end of the year for each month, and I imagine that will continue into 2008 as people continue to leave for other jobs at SWA, DAL, etc.

a 23 year guy once told me 'growth has always been part of the picture here at skywest.'

Skywest will buy Midwest and add it to the Skywest Inc... Skywest has alot of money in the bank and you cant make more money unless you invest... Also Skywest has been looking for a reservation system.. They are quite expensive and Midwest already has one...

Skywest will buy Midwest and add it to the Skywest Inc... Skywest has alot of money in the bank and you cant make more money unless you invest... Also Skywest has been looking for a reservation system.. They are quite expensive and Midwest already has one...

they don't have more "money in the bank" versus airtran. reservation system? what is this a rehash of lorenzo buying eastern for a reservation system?

Latest resources

Back