• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Skywest Growth/Movement?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
they don't have more "money in the bank" versus airtran. reservation system? what is this a rehash of lorenzo buying eastern for a reservation system?

I see you must still be drunk or high from last night.. If Airtran has all this money then why don't they just pay cash for Midwest instead of offering shares???

I think it would be better if Skywest bought Midwest....just think of all the money that would be saved on paint.....all you would have to do is change three letters from Mid to Sky. Just makes more sense from a business standpoint to me. Skywest will be laughing all the way to the bank.

yeah, you're missing a lot. MKE is a domicile with several destinations. if airtran buys midwest, contract is still in place. skyw has been talking with airtran about the purchase as well--the flying won't go away, it might actually increase. 30 DL 900s up for bid this fall...we'll obviously bid on those and see what happens.

Where did you get the information on 30 Delta CRJ-900s up for bid this fall?

--the flying won't go away, it might actually increase.

Yeah....Airtran loves 50 seat lift. Just look at their Air Wisconsin experiment.

30 DL 900s up for bid this fall...we'll obviously bid on those and see what happens.

Are you refering to the 30 aircraft that has already been awarded to PCL (16) and Mesa (14)? I don't believe there is room in the Delta scope clause for more -900's beyond the Comair, PCL, and Mesa birds still to be delivered.

they don't have more "money in the bank" versus airtran. reservation system? what is this a rehash of lorenzo buying eastern for a reservation system?

Skywest is projected to have over 1 billion in the bank by the end of 2007 according to the annual report. I would say that it is certainly accurate on that account.

Trojan

Skywest will buy Midwest and add it to the Skywest Inc... Skywest has alot of money in the bank and you cant make more money unless you invest... Also Skywest has been looking for a reservation system.. They are quite expensive and Midwest already has one...

Since SkyWest does all of its flying as three different code shares, each with its own res system, why would they want a res system of its own? I don't think they'd buy Midwest for the sole purpose of getting a res system. Sabre View isn't exactly PARS that TWA was able to sell for a lot of money.

Geez only 1 billion in the bank buy the end of the year... Sounds like Skywest is hitting rock bottom... I guess that puts them out of the running for the Midwest purchase... Looks like the Skywest Inc. family will be surviving on Ramen Noodles for a while!

Soon to be ONE BILLION DOLLARS in the bank and they still pay newhire pilots less than $20/hr...

Since SkyWest does all of its flying as three different code shares, each with its own res system, why would they want a res system of its own? I don't think they'd buy Midwest for the sole purpose of getting a res system. Sabre View isn't exactly PARS that TWA was able to sell for a lot of money.

Skywest does'nt have there own Res system... They use Delta's and United's... Buying Midwest they would have there own low cost carrier with the Res system already installed... All they would have to do is slap the "INC" on the end of it and it does'nt affect there flying with Delta and United! Makes perfect sense to me seeing they want to continue to grow!

Stupid company making money......not paying you your fair share....you should call your sapa rep and demand a raise.....don't let anyone else know your practically flying for free(thats frowned upon around here). you should call your flight instructor and tell him you're not making the six figures he promised you'd be making your first year. $20 / hour! How can you afford those cool sunglasses and all the dippity doo for you hair....oh well at least you can tell everybody your a pilot!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back