• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

should I leave MESA for Air Wisconsin?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't give any advice so I'm really just nosy and curious. I see a lot of people commenting on Mesa vs AWAC with the words "go to another regional". Do you folks really believe that comparing AWAC to Mesa makes AWAC "just another regional"? In my simple mind they are not comparable at all.

Another thing that confuses me is the 1000 PIC. What's the rush? Do you folks actually believe that airlines like UAL, DAL, CAL, NWA are reall going to be hiring pilots in 5 years or even less? To me, that seems so unrealistic.

Maybe you'll miss out on SWA by not having the 1000 PIC, but you're worring about Jet Blue? Just how stable do you all really think JetBlue is? With all the furloughed pilots from the big five, how do you expect to be competitive at Jet Blue with 1000 hours in a light twin? The 1900 is not even a transport category airplane.

Why am I so confused? Don't you expect that in 5 years you would be a captain at both Mesa or AWAC? If that is so, won't you have the same magic 1000 PIC turbine?

To me, the choice seems very simple but what do I know?

Hi!

NetJets requires 1000 PIC, and they're hiring a ton now and in the foreseeable future.

Cliff
GRB

Having known mesa, I would say that you are probably very close to ERJ left seat. ..a few more months, maybe. If that is the case, stick with mesa, get the jet pic.. good for even JB and looks much better than 1900 pic. If things have changed, and ERJ left seat is more than a year away, consider AW,.. they are the good management types (at least better than Mesa).. If quality of life and retirement, are also an issue, then AW,..in other words, except for the quick ERJ pic opportunity, everything else points to AW...
Good Luck..

NetJets requires 1000 PIC ? Hadn't heard that one. Something new ?

Things change so quickly in this industry. You would be nuts to give up 1.5 yrs seniority. Look at it this way, you have a job. There are alot of good guys that don't. What if you go to AirWis only to get furloughed 3 months later. Don't think it can't happen. It already has for too many people.

Hi!

I think the 1000 PIC is wrong. Someone told me that, but then someone else posted the mins and it was not there. I think 2500 TT.

Cliff
GRB

Latest resources

Back