• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Shoes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
call ( cavender boot city ) in arlington texas. ask for kyle. they make justin ropers with a fiberglass shank. i have been through about 20 different airports with mine and haven't set the bell off yet! they are worth the money, about $150. they run about a half size small just like regular ropers.

You've got to at least try some ECCO shoes. They're the best airline shoes I've ever had; very comfortable and with the fiberglass shank I'm TSA-proof.

Florsheim makes most of their shoes with fiberglass shanks. I bought a pair recently for $80. They're well made, but shop around for a good price (and they don't set off the detectors).

Just ask the salesperson to call their manufacturer's rep to confirm the model you want has fiberglass shanks. I hear Rockport is coming out with their "airport friendly" models this fall.

I bought a pait of ropers from one of those western warehouses in the Grape Vine Mills mall there in Grapevine, TX. Its just out the north entrance to DFW. They ran about $75 and are well worth it, the only thing is you might want to put some rubber soles on top of the leather soles or else you'll be skating sown the terminal when you step on a little water.

Ropers? What for?

What is it with pilots and ropers?

Think about it. What % of the population wears 'cowboy' boots to work? Now, what % of pilots do?

Do more pilots come from the southwest than the average occupation or what?

Anyone know why (like pilots wear 'naval' uniforms b/c Juan Trippe though that his planes should be like ocean liners. That's why there were Captains, First Officers, and Stewardesses too)

Just curious.
-Boo!

GOat Ropers....

By far the MOST disgusting pair of shoes/boots EVER designed... my wife calls them "birth control shoes", meaning that IF you wear them, your chances of getting laid are close to ZERO!!:cool:

Pilots are notorious for being poor on fashion and cheap, those who wear Justin Ropers are at the top of that list.....

U G L Y!!!!:eek:

Re: GOat Ropers....

tredding@swa said:
By far the MOST disgusting pair of shoes/boots EVER designed... my wife calls them "birth control shoes", meaning that IF you wear them, your chances of getting laid are close to ZERO!!:cool:

Pilots are notorious for being poor on fashion and cheap, those who wear Justin Ropers are at the top of that list.....

U G L Y!!!!:eek:

I guess it depends on where you are from....If you are from Oklahoma or Texas, you probably have been laid WHILE wearing a pair of Justin Ropers!!

AF (From both Texas and OK)

Latest resources

Back