• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Sharing a hotel room?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I do that and it sucks! Luckily, most trips we return the same day, it only happens maybe once a month, or two, but it sucks, like someone said here, i dont wanna be around someone 24 hrs a day! the captain doesnt seem to care, and when he goes out to get something always wants me to go along, but i usually try to keep my distance, besides he snoores, watch Tv til late, and cant sleep with the lights out! so there i am, trying to sleep with the lights on his side of the room on!

id like to have my own room, and just seeing him untile next day for the ride to the airport, it really gets on my nerves

Professional standards ladies and gents... I don't care if CEO and the VP share a room - they have the option of passing out in the back of the plane if they've had a bad night of sleep. Unfortunately, I don't have the same option.

I don't want to know the other pilot's sleeping patterns - he could snore, he could beat his meat, he could destroy the toilet thereby rendering the entire bathroom uninhabitable for a lot longer than necessary. The list goes on...

I'll look out for the best interests of the owner - I don't need Four Seasons, but you ain't putting me in Motel 6 either, or in a room with another pilot.

At my job we are back almost every night but typically sit at crap hole airports all day long waiting on passengers who are typically late. Once we were scheduled to sit for something like 10 hours in an fbo that didn't hardly even have furniture in it. I found day rooms for 25 bucks a piece at a super 8 and asked my boss if I could get them and he said if we really found it to be necessary we could share one. I decided no way and spent the day sitting at the airport thinking about how much I hated my job...
To me it seems that some corporate pilots get less respect than a cabby (at least they get tipped)!

you argument should be that you are performing a safety sensitive function for the company and need your rest. Pilots spend their lives on the road. You need a little bit of privacy. The CEO is not. It is in his best interest to make sure that you are well prepared for your duties. Contact the NBAA for industry standards.

acat,
That isn't a job you have. That is hell. Almost as bad as the breath of the guy I have to work with. Start looking for something else now. You need to enjoy what you are doing. Hell man, you getting PAID to fly. I just got my hands on the 2005 NBAA Membership Directory so I can help you. PM me.

Latest resources

Back