Sharing a hotel room?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tgaug6300

A friend of mine works for a company and whenever they RON, he and the other pilot have to share rooms? He said that the President (CEO) and the VP do the same thing. This is not a small company, and everyone here would know the name if I said it, so this really surprises me. I can't understand why a company would own a multi million dollar jet (that cost several thousand dollars an hour to operate), but yet won't pay and extra $200/night for a hotel room.
That can not be safe either. Everyone has different sleeping patterns. Crew rest for them must be a joke! Anyone else have experience with this sort of situation.

And by the way the other pilot he flys with is not a blond hottie :)

I've shared a hotel room once, and I hope I never have to again. We made the mistake of having our customer's company book our rooms at an Embassy Suite. They said something like, "they're just pilots, and it's a suite, why do they need seperate rooms?" :angryfire Never again.

I've heard of some smaller charter outfits making pilots share a room. I think room sharing is a poor attempt to save costs at the expense of the crews' rest.

A friend of mine works for a company and whenever they RON, he and the other pilot have to share rooms? He said that the President (CEO) and the VP do the same thing. This is not a small company, and everyone here would know the name if I said it, so this really surprises me. I can't understand why a company would own a multi million dollar jet (that cost several thousand dollars an hour to operate), but yet won't pay and extra $200/night for a hotel room.
That can not be safe either. Everyone has different sleeping patterns. Crew rest for them must be a joke! Anyone else have experience with this sort of situation.

I've heard that about Wal-Mart:eek:!

U-haul does the same. What if the other guy snored all night and I was a light sleeper? We need to really hammer this down!

Then the CEO and VP are bone [SIZE=-1]Smugglers. This isn't the way it's done, Part 121, 135, or 91. [/SIZE]

Abso-fng-lutely ridiculous. My company tried to make me share a day-room once. I said, not at all. If you want me to get my rest, then its in my own, private room. I'll not share a room...or even an apartment with anyone. Period.

Unless she's as hot as my wife, then maybe.

A guy who ran a hunting lodge we were staying at with our airplane's owners assigned me and the other pilot 1 room, I started laughing and said "good joke", but he just stared back at me completely seriously. I explained to him that I never share a room and would have to kill the other pilot if I did stay in the same room because he was annoying. The guy just didn't know, he had always assigned pilots to share rooms in the past and they just accepted it!

Important word to memorize: No!

C

Latest resources

Back