Rumors Running Again on AA Pilots About JetBlue Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

sligo1

These rumors keep going on and on but the APA board meeting is convinced of a big announcement regarding AA growth and offensive action. Who knows but I think something is up at AMR.

A Merger between AA and B6 makes absolutely no sense. The slots divestitures at JFK alone would make the deal unpallatable from AA's perspective, not to mention having completely different Terminals as well. If DOJ would sign off on this deal without requiring a major slot divestiture, then maybe, but I just don't see that happening. Either way, with the number of pilots on furlough from AA, this is the last kind of merger I would want to see as a B6 pilot.

A Merger between AA and B6 makes absolutely no sense. The slots divestitures at JFK alone would make the deal unpallatable from AA's perspective, not to mention having completely different Terminals as well. If DOJ would sign off on this deal without requiring a major slot divestiture, then maybe, but I just don't see that happening. Either way, with the number of pilots on furlough from AA, this is the last kind of merger I would want to see as a B6 pilot.

I agree with both of your points. Makes no sense (JB is expensive, we would lose money the monent they bought us and added there cost structure, both with large overlap in JFK, South FLa and BOS, ect) AA buying JB would also be the worst thing possible for the pilots ALPA or no ALPA.
I think most of this stuff is dreamed up on the JB board by guys trying to scare the Union fence sitters to vote for ALPA.

Poor B6 pilots would get stapled BELOW the TWA furloughees. Yikes.

American is so poor right now they can't even pay attention......they are trying to keep their heads above water now, who would be crazy enough to loan them even more money? Their debt/equity ratio is about 138....scary to say the least. Good luck.

Ever heard of stock swap deals? It certainly could happen, no matter how expensive B6 stock is.

American is selling debt to pay their electric bills. Reminds me of USAir in 2001 burning the office furniture to heat the place. Anyone with half an egg head would see this is insanity speaking. I have heard that SWA made a run last summer on B6, and Delta has even been rumored to have approached them twice in past years but the AA rumor is fiction at best. Too much overlap to get it into fruition without divesting the kingdom and no cash at AA HQ except in Arpey's parachute pack. B6 pilots can rest for another economic cycle; the numbers this time around dont work!

Reminds me of USAir in 2001 burning the office furniture to heat the place. Anyone with half an egg head would see this is insanity speaking.... B6 pilots can rest for another economic cycle; the numbers this time around dont work!

And within a couple years, LCC merged with AWA and look at the results of that for the pilot groups. What a disaster. If AA grabs B6 the trauma will be TITANIC.

Latest resources

Back