• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumors Running Again on AA Pilots About JetBlue Merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The funny thing is that AA and B6 have been getting rid of the route overlap they have out of JFK over the last few years. Ever wonder why they are doing that?

The funny thing is that AA and B6 have been getting rid of the route overlap they have out of JFK over the last few years. Ever wonder why they are doing that?

About the only way AA can become a player in NY again.

I wonder if the jblue pilots would have any claim to any kind of job? That might get real interesting, real quick.

How many jblue pilots are there and how many AA guys are on furlough?

It's called competition.

AA is cutting their losses and walking away. And it's on routes that historically have weak yields and are largely mileage award fliers (Florida and the Carribean).

Dont kid yourself, your forcing fiction on us, AA is in a fight with itself and sitting under a house of cards. As said earlier AA is in a race to get its house in order, no board of directors from sea to shining sea would approve an acquisition under such disaray.

Last edited:
About the only way AA can become a player in NY again.

I wonder if the jblue pilots would have any claim to any kind of job? That might get real interesting, real quick.

How many jblue pilots are there and how many AA guys are on furlough?

Many AA furloughees are at jblu. Now do they play the game of accepting recall, even though they will be swinging gear, or do they stay and hope for a favorable sli?

But they may approve a takeover...

Jetblue doesnt have the talent nor the experience to jump into the AMR ring. All the B6 jumpseaters I see every month all say the same thing, their management team is weak. They average 1 melt down a year and are plagued with cultural struggles. Barger was schooled at the now famous NEW YORK AIR and would drown trying to figure out the AMR jigsaw puzzle.

Parker has a better shot at taking AA over than the beginners called Jetblue.

No one here has heard about Mckaskle Bond? If we merge so be it, but b6 pilots will not be stapled. It will go to an arbitrator, and that person or persons will decide where the b6 pilots are placed in the master seniority list. Since 2001 the general rule has been to place all furloughed pilots below ANY active pilot. The reality of a merged list would likely be b6 captains being merged relative seniority with Americans 737/md 80 captains, and b6 fos being merged relative seniority with Americans md80/ 737 first officers. Unfortunately, much like the am west LCC merger, and the what is likely to come from the ual merger, is that amr/ twa pilots furloughed at time of closing of the deal would be placed at the bottom of the merged list.

Its really easy to do. Its the same plan SWA may have for AAI pilots.

How many Airbii/E190s does AA have...zero.

Operate B6 separately. As the new 737s arrive, get rid of the Airbus/E190s and furlough the pilots to the bottom of the AA list. Bring AA furloughees back to fly the new AA 737s.

SWA could do the very same thing to the AAI pilots. As the AAI 737s roll out of Renton, assign them to SWA. Put SWA pilots in those seats. Reduce the Guadalupe Holdings' 717s and furlough the pilots. Offer the furloughees interviews at SWA.

Pretty nice, neat way to circumvent Bond/McCaskill if you ask me. If you never merge the lists, you never activate the legislation.

Jetblue doesnt have the talent nor the experience to jump into the AMR ring. All the B6 jumpseaters I see every month all say the same thing, their management team is weak. They average 1 melt down a year and are plagued with cultural struggles. Barger was schooled at the now famous NEW YORK AIR and would drown trying to figure out the AMR jigsaw puzzle.

Parker has a better shot at taking AA over than the beginners called Jetblue.

Profitable in 2008 with 147/oil, profit in 2009 during Great Recession, huge profits last year............and small profit 1st quarter this year with oil........I'd say the "beginners" at JetBlue have a pretty good clue on how to run an airline. Pilots in need of a union? Absolutely!!! But, labor relations aside, these guys know how to run an airline.

CD

Its really easy to do. Its the same plan SWA may have for AAI pilots.

How many Airbii/E190s does AA have...zero.

Operate B6 separately. As the new 737s arrive, get rid of the Airbus/E190s and furlough the pilots to the bottom of the AA list. Bring AA furloughees back to fly the new AA 737s.

SWA could do the very same thing to the AAI pilots. As the AAI 737s roll out of Renton, assign them to SWA. Put SWA pilots in those seats. Reduce the Guadalupe Holdings' 717s and furlough the pilots. Offer the furloughees interviews at SWA.

Pretty nice, neat way to circumvent Bond/McCaskill if you ask me. If you never merge the lists, you never activate the legislation.

Lofty at best. There are several AMR analyst reports floating around on the internet. I would highly suggest you read one. AMR is constitutionally in trouble. They would like to blame labor but the facts are in. They have made some critical errors recently and instead of addressing them they are continuing to make more.

Lofty........very lofty.

Latest resources

Back