• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor... NJA... Rumor

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
On the other hand, RTS may be planning to NOT extend the agreement the extra 3 years and doesn't care whether the 85% target is met thereby keeping NJI a non-union shop.

All I DO know is that NJI management is keeping any information they do have on the issue very close to the vest.[/quote]

The single carrier petition goes forward either way next year.

There is a misunderstanding here. These penalties don't come into effect if the company fails to extend the contract past 2012. If the company fails to meet 85% or otherwise opts to not extend, then there are no penalties attached other than not being able to extend the duration.

These penalties come into effect if the company does meet the targets, opts to extend the contract duration, THEN fails to maintain the 85% in the following years.

This language sounds unbelievably complex, however, if the 85% is met by the ever increasing oceanic flying being done by NJA on the Falcons and would INCLUDE the flying being done by IBT1108 members on the GIV's then the 85% target is met WITHOUT the non-union NJI pilots becoming members of the 1108. In other words nothing is gained or lost by this language on either side of the table. You'd have to extrapolate the level of Trans-oceanic flying being done now on the NJA fleet vs the NJI fleet, 5 years out to come up with even a WAG. QED

The 85% thing shuld be the first indication that the "Boss Man" in willing to surrender NJI to NJA.

Of course there is one, very important condition that will also be met that will allow all those invoivled to "save face".

The 85% thing shuld be the first indication that the "Boss Man" in willing to surrender NJI to NJA.

Of course there is one, very important condition that will also be met that will allow all those invoivled to "save face".

And that is?

I do not see this as an indication that RTS is willing to surrender NJI to the union at all. Although that, very well, may be the future of NJI, this is certainly no indicator of a willingness on the part of the "Boss Man" to surrender anything. I view this as a chess game, of sorts, each move may appear to be a clue to a certain goal and yet ,in fact, be progress towards an entirely different outcome. Of course there is one way to find out! Vote for the changes and let the ivories fly!

NJW, I'm not sure what the motivation may be to remain silent but I do know one thing: If (or apparently when) the pilot seniority list integration occurs, I can only hope that day-to-day control for the Gulfstream operation remains in Hilton Head. Some may complain that it is a duplication of fixed costs but, like it or not, utilization, efficiency, operational income, and most importantly, crew quality of life have been GREATLY improved since the NOC was established in Okatie. Union shop or not, I most certainly DO NOT want CMH running (ruining?) my working life again.

GSD,

IF, it does happen, it would be one seniority list, one contract, and the affiliates with remain as is (NJA, NJLA, NJI, and EJM).

All my best,

Wow EJM? Now I'm surprised at that because their individual owners decide on everything from pay to QOL. Thats why there are some great EJM accts and some really crappy ones.

Never even thought about ejm though.

You're right, Diesel. By the nature of its operation, EJM cannot and will not ever be a part of the union. Beyond that, we'll just have to wait and see.

Wow EJM? Now I'm surprised at that because their individual owners decide on everything from pay to QOL. Thats why there are some great EJM accts and some really crappy ones.

Never even thought about ejm though.

Diesel,

EJM pilots will remain as they are today. The flying completed by EJM with NetJets owners/cardholders will [continue] be calculated within the Scope provisions of the collective bargaining agreement - including the 85% of international flying (IRM's).

I truly believe a lot will unfold in 2008 and all NetJets pilots will benefit short and long term. It is far more important to capture new opportunities, rather than fight over what we have. Let's keep looking 10, 20, and 30 years down the road.

Best,

Latest resources

Back