• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Rumor. American to hire by summer?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does anybody know if the Eagle flow to AA would still occur if they were sold somebody else?

I think it might. Piedmont is about to wrap up contract and it looks like Mainline is gonna sign off on some kinda deal for the WO's. No details yet. But we've heard it all before. I think more WO's people might flow since there's gonna be better payrates at the combined airline.

I may have missed this somewhere else in this thread but does anyone know if certain numbers of seats are allotted for Eagle flows per class? Trying to get an idea of how tough it would be for a non-Eagle pilot to get on when the doors finally open.

Once hiring off the street commences, 50% of each class will come from Eagle until 824 guys are hired...then the rest of the people at Eagle before 11/1/11 will be hired at approx 33% of each AA class.

Mergers always create excess. Prepare for delayed hiring if USAir and AA merge. I do see United/Cal hiring soon though.

I agree that mergers create excess. And the AA bankruptcy cleared out a lot of pilots who would be hitting 65 in the next year or two. But LCC has a decent number of retirements that should keep things moving as far as hiring goes. Toss in new FAR rules and there could be a steady pace of hiring once recalls are complete. Followed by heavy hiring by the end of 2014 when retirements gain speed on the AMR side.

Even with United shrinking by 4-5% this year, United will be hiring quite a few this year due to new FAR rules and a ton of retirements.

Once hiring off the street commences, 50% of each class will come from Eagle until 824 guys are hired...then the rest of the people at Eagle before 11/1/11 will be hired at approx 33% of each AA class.

Correct but that's an American Airlines stand alone agreement. If nothing in the current MOU those 824 nor the hires prior to 11/1/11 are guaranteed anything until they have an official seniority class date...... History shows until your in a class these agreements have very little to stand on.....

Airways mgt will not let 50% or 33% to go at a time.... They can't restaff their regional quickly enough and thus they have a responsibility to make certain their flights aren't cx due to staffing at all levels........ You can say otherwise but ask any current USairways WO and you will see the trend of this mgt team.....

Latest resources

Back